I’m looking for a video conference back-end for our learning platform and I think Zoom may suit our needs. Our plan to integrate Zoom with our platform is similar to how Outschool does Teaching live classes with Zoom | Outschool Support.
Here is a brief of our requirements.
- We will open for anyone to register to be our teachers or learners, so the number of users will be growing over time.
- We want our teachers and learners to attend the conference via Zoom desktop client or via the browser (if possible)
- We want to control the conference including creating, scheduling, recording, etc; and prevent users from stopping recording.
- We want to own the recording. We can control the access permissions of the recording.
- We would like to allow teachers to create breakout rooms and have all breakout rooms recorded.
I’ve looked at the REST API and Video SDK.
- I’ve found that the REST API has a rate limit that we cannot create more than 100 rooms per day, which may not enough in the future. Rate Limits - API Reference (zoom.us)
- With Video SDK, I think the meeting created using Video SDK is not compatible with the Zoom desktop client. We need to build a desktop app right? Users cannot use the official zoom’s desktop client to attend the meeting created by the Video SDK right?
What do you suggest? Which tools, API, or SDK should I use to implement the platform?