While making the create meeting api call, getting 400 status code with code in json as 401

Description
While creating the meeting using create meeting api, we are getting the error as mentioned below.
Error
{
“code”: 401,
“message”: "Found illegal Freemarker variables in the template: ${meetingTime} "
}
Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT
Which Endpoint/s?
create meeting endpoint.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @rankguru_dev,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. It sounds like the Meeting Schedule email template was customized. Please follow our guide on customizing the email template to ensure that you are using valid variables.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

We do not have vanity URL enabled to customize the Meeting Schedule email template.
This is happening only when I am using schedule_for field in the request payload.
I have already set schedule privilege as well.
So, please help me out with this.

Hey @rankguru_dev,

Thank you for the update. How are you authenticating this request? Are you using JWT or Oauth?

Thanks,
Max

We are using JWT to authenticate the request.

Hey @rankguru_dev,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I’ll note that the /me route is only available when using an OAuth App. Due to the fact that the JWT token is account-level, it doesn’t have a concept of the current user.

Please try using the userId or the email of the user in order to make this request and let me know if that resolves your issue.

That being said, this doesn’t seem like a helpful error message. If that resolves the issue, I’ll reach out to our internal team in order to have the messaging adjusted.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you @MaxM for helping me out.The solution given by you works fine.

1 Like

Hey @rankguru_dev,

I’m glad to hear that resolved your issues! If you encounter any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,
Today, suddenly I started facing the same issue with Create Meeting Endpoint

https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/xx@example.com/meetings

Request:
{
“topic”: “Some topic”,
“type”: 1,
“password”: “test@123”,
“agenda”: “Some Agenda”,
schedule_for":"xxxx@example.com”,
“settings”: {
“waiting_room”: false,
“host_video”: false,
“participant_video”: false,
“join_before_host”: true,
“mute_upon_entry”: true,
“approval_type”: 0
}
}

Response:
{
“message”: "Found illegal Freemarker variables in the template: ${meetingTime} "
}

When I pass “schedule_for” empty, then it is working fine but when I pass email id of one of my scheduler the endpoint giving error.

Please help on this.

Hey @gshukla,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I was able to reproduce this issue on my end when testing with an internal account. I’ve since reached out to our engineering team to see if they are able to fix this issue. I’ll be sure to update you here when I have more information. (ZOOM-250259)

Thanks,
Max

Hey @gshukla,

Thank you for your patience. Just to confirm, is the account where you’re making these calls under the same email that you use for this Developer Forum? I’m providing information to our internal team but I just want to make sure that I have the right account before doing so.

Thanks,
Max

I see a similar error message ”: "Found illegal Freemarker variables in the template: {meetingTime} when i use this variable in the HTML version of a Meeting Schedule Email template I modified to be used with the Outlook plug in. The error shows up every time i try to save a template with this variable, {meetingTime}, in the body of my HTM Ltemplate.

Hi @MaxM ,
No this is my trail account. I have making requests from my Licensed account. Please give me your email id so that I can share more details there?

Hey @idan.zoran ,

Can you please provide steps to reproduce the issue and any screenshots that would help us debug this?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @gshukla ,

Please share more details with us here: developersupport@zoom.us. Make sure to include a link to this thread. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy ,

Mail sent with Subject: “Zoom Create Meeting API “schedule_for” error: Found illegal Freemarker variables in the template: ${meetingTime}”

Please do needful.

Thanks @gshukla ! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hey @gshukla, @rankguru_dev , @idan.zoran ,

We have confirmed this is a bug, and are working on the appropriate fix.

A workaround in the meantime is to disable the “Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting” setting / option and it should work.

Thanks,
Tommy

Do we have an ETA on this bug? I’m running into the same issue?
Also, as suggested above, I tried with

“agenda”: “Test Meeting”,
“settings”: {
“use_pmi”: “false”
}

but the same error.
{
}

Hey @vedprakash.jha,

I don’t have an exact ETA for you but I can see that our engineering team has completed writing the fix for this and is prepared to include it in a future release. Please see our changelog in order to stay up-to-date with the latest features and fixes.

Thanks,
Max