Create template of type ADMIN

In order to use Create meeting API with certain template id it is required for the template to be type = 2 (Admin). We contacted the zoom support (request id #13249390) to enable this feature for our account and it was said there that the feature has been enabled, so we can proceed with creating templates of type ADMIN. Unfortunately we can not see a way how to create these kind of templates. All templates are created as regular type = 1.

Would you please assist us in the process of creating template of type = 2 ADMIN in Zoom?

Hi @onlineinstructor9
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
Here is a very helpful link about Meeting templates

Could you please share with me the request URL you are sending and as well as the Request body when creating the meeting (make sure to delete or edit any personal information)

Best,
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom,

Thanks for your answer and for the link provided. The link refers to meeting templates but there is no information how to create ADMIN templates which is precondition to use templates in create meeting API request. All the templates that are created as described in the link are created as regular type = 1 templates, and we need them of type 2.
In Create meeting API documentation it says:

> template_id
> The account admin meeting template ID which to schedule a meeting using meeting template. For a list of account admin-provided meeting templates, use the List meeting templates API.
> At this time, this field only accepts account admin meeting template IDs.
> To enable the account admin meeting templates feature contact Zoom Support.

We need help and guidance HOW TO CREATE ADMIN TEMPLATES and once created to use their Id(s) in create meeting request API via template_id property

This is the request URL:
https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/onlineinstructor9@tpctraining.com/meetings
And the request body:

{

“type”:8,

“start_time”:“2022-01-31T15:30:00”,

“duration”: 120,

“default_password”: true,

“recurrence”: {

"type": 1,

"repeat_interval": 1,

"end_times": 1

},

“settings”:{

"host_video":false,

"participant_video":false,

"approval_type": 0,

"registration_type": 1,

"close_registration": true,

"registrants_email_notification":true

},

“template_id”: “VjkewjehSLioxy3-ChgqYw”

}
Even though I am forwarding the template_id in the request body it is ignored by the request due to the fact that it is regular template (type 1) and the request expects ADMIN template (type 2).

Additionally, this is the response form List meeting templates API request (https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/onlineinstructor9@tpctraining.com/meeting_templates) where you can see that all templates are of type 1
{
“total_records”: 6,
“templates”: [
{
“id”: “0wGXugw9ThyFMv8gFIyxVg”,
“name”: “Test Meeting Template”,
“type”: 1
},
{
“id”: “IpxQ8EpDRNWwWNAES2G_2Q”,
“name”: “My Meeting”,
},
{
“id”: “VjkewjehSLioxy3-ChgqYw”,
“name”: “HS - High Voltage Electrical Safety for Power GTD - 29 CFR 1910.269”,
},
{
“id”: “I1xR8NxQTQeCOp_MjH9oNw”,
“name”: “IA - Instrumentation Process Measurement & Control”,
},
{
“id”: “akFmVmQ4RL-tKM0RxOaaOg”,
“name”: “VF - Variable Frequency Drives”,
},
{
“id”: “lJuoqID6RqibQ7YDhkiUsw”,
“name”: “HVE - HVAC Electrical Controls & Air Distribution”,
}
]
}

Hi @onlineinstructor9

Ah I see, I found this other post of yours:

Could you confirm this was enabled in your account by our Technical Support team?

@elisa.zoom They informed that this feature is enabled without giving any other info of how it can be used further. We can not see any new option or a way that will allow us to create admin templates.

1 Like

@elisa.zoom This is the answer that I received from support with confirmation that the feature is enabled for our account.
Kevin (Zoom)

Jan 28, 2022, 6:53 PST

Hello team,

We can confirm that the Admin Meeting Template feature is already enabled not just only for the users you listed but for your account 901867.

As previously mentioned, I really do apologize for the inconvenience however since the feature is still in Beta, therefore there is no support for this feature yet. The best I can do for now is to recommend that you contact our Developers Advocates team at developersupport@zoom.us.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards,
Kevin

@elisa.zoom We’ve just received the confirmation from support:

Kevin (Zoom)

Jan 28, 2022, 6:53 PST

Hello team,

*We can confirm that the Admin Meeting Template feature is already enabled not just only for the users you listed but for your account [90186]

As previously mentioned, I really do apologize for the inconvenience however since the feature is still in Beta, therefore there is no support for this feature yet. The best I can do for now is to recommend that you contact our Developers Advocates team at developersupport@zoom.us.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards,
Kevin

1 Like

Hi @onlineinstructor9
Thanks for sharing this with me.
So can you confirm that you have the templates enabled in your account?

@elisa.zoom No, I can not confirm that because although they said that it is enabled we can not see a option how to create admin templates. And nobody answers how to do that.
That’s the purpose of this ticket, please inform us how to create these type of templates so we can use in the api request. As I mentioned in the example above, all templates are created as regular (type = 1) and they are not considered in the request.

Hi @onlineinstructor9
I totally understand this.
After enabling the Admin templates in your account, a new setting appears in the Account Settings called “Meeting Templates”. Here you can create an “Admin Meeting Template” that is shared amongst users.

Let me know if this helps
Best,
Elisa

@elisa.zoom Your answer seems as copy paste of one of the user’s posts on this issue Admin Meeting Template Creation Once Feature is Enabled - #4 by sclark46.
Can you please provide more details, share a print screen or something where you can show us what is that option and how it can be used?
We tried everything, but unfortunately without success.

Hi @onlineinstructor9
Of course, you will have to enable the feature in your account please go to the Account Management Tab > Account Settings > Schedule Meeting and you will find the feature Meeting templates, please enable that on your account

Hope this helps

@elisa.zoom We enabled this settings, but still it is on-off and does not give any possibility to create the admin template. Although it is turned on, the templates are created as regular type = 1.

@onlineinstructor9 now that you have this setting enabled, could you please create a new template:

After creating it, please try again by querying List meeting templates API request to see if anything changed on your end.

@elisa.zoom As you advised, I enabled Meeting templates setting. After that I create a new template and nothing has changed, the type of the template is 1 (regular).
Here is the result:
API request: GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/onlineinstructor9@tpctraining.com/meeting_templates
Response:
{

"total_records": 6,

"templates": [

{

"id": "143Z_SUVQV-uxe1hNpCiIw",

"name": "Meeting template after turning Meeting template setting to ON",

"type": 1

},

{

"id": "IpxQ8EpDRNWwWNAES2G_2Q",

"name": "My Meeting",

},

{

"id": "VjkewjehSLioxy3-ChgqYw",

"name": "HS - High Voltage Electrical Safety for Power GTD - 29 CFR 1910.269",

},

{

"id": "I1xR8NxQTQeCOp_MjH9oNw",

"name": "IA - Instrumentation Process Measurement & Control",

},

{

"id": "akFmVmQ4RL-tKM0RxOaaOg",

"name": "VF - Variable Frequency Drives",

},

{

"id": "lJuoqID6RqibQ7YDhkiUsw",

"name": "HVE - HVAC Electrical Controls & Air Distribution",

}

]

}

@elisa.zoom As you advised, the Meeting templates setting was turned on. After that the template was creates, but nothing has changed, It is created as regular type of template (type = 1)
Here are the results:
Request: GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/onlineinstructor9@tpctraining.com/meeting_templates
Response:
{

"total_records": 6,

"templates": [

{

"id": "143Z_SUVQV-uxe1hNpCiIw",

"name": "Meeting template after turning Meeting template setting to ON",

},

{

"id": "IpxQ8EpDRNWwWNAES2G_2Q",

"name": "My Meeting",

},

{

"id": "VjkewjehSLioxy3-ChgqYw",

"name": "HS - High Voltage Electrical Safety for Power GTD - 29 CFR 1910.269",

},

{

"id": "I1xR8NxQTQeCOp_MjH9oNw",

"name": "IA - Instrumentation Process Measurement & Control",

},

{

"id": "akFmVmQ4RL-tKM0RxOaaOg",

"name": "VF - Variable Frequency Drives",

},

{

"id": "lJuoqID6RqibQ7YDhkiUsw",

"name": "HVE - HVAC Electrical Controls & Air Distribution",

}

]

}

hi @onlineinstructor9
I just wanted to reach out to you to confirm that I am seeing the same behavior while testing on mi side. I will continue testing and will come back to you shortly
Best,
Elisa

Hi @onlineinstructor9

Thanks for your patience while I worked on this issue.

To create an Admin Template please Log into the WebPortal and go to the Account Management Tab
After that go to Account Settings Tab > Schedule Meeting > Meeting Templates Feature

Once this feature is on, you will see an option to Add Templates

Click on that option and you will see the following:

Go ahead and create a Template according to your needs and once created you will se it displayed in the WebPortal

One that is done, you will be able to call the endpoint List meeting Templates and you will see the “type
2” of the newly created Template

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 2.25.36 PM

Let me know if this helps
Best,
Elisa

@elisa.zoom Thanks for your help. We really appreciate that you really paid attention to this issue.
But, still there is a problem here. I logged in with onlineinstructor9@tpctraining.com, I enabled the setting Meeting templates, but there is no such option Add template appearing bellow this option. Here is the print screen:

Does this feature appears for all zoom accounts or only for Admin account? if it is only for admin I will ask our admin to log in and to check. Or maybe it means that this feature was not enabled for our account although we received a confirmation from support guys? Would you please check and help with resolving the issue?
Looking forward to your answer.

Hi @onlineinstructor9

Thank you for your patience and for collaborating with me.
I was able to check in our logs and it seems that the meeting templates is activated now in the Admin account so you should be able to use it and it should see them in your account.

best,
Elisa