Why is Video Off at Start

Every setting that I can find is indicating that the video should start on when the host joins the meeting. Despite a fresh install of the zoom app, I am still launching into the app with the video off.

-Within the app (“Turn off my video when joining” is off)
-The create meeting API call has:
“request_body”: “{“topic”:“CreatingConnections”,“type”:1,“agenda”:“1:1”,“settings”:{“host_video”:true,“participant_video”:true,“waiting_room”:false,“approval_type”:0,“auto_recording”:“cloud”}}”,
“response”: “{“uuid”:“d+4fAeqkQMaxQtq8ME9GPQ==”,“id”:877341738,…”,“settings”:{“host_video”:true,“participant_video”:true,“cn_meeting”:false,“in_meeting”:false,“join_before_host”:false,“mute_upon_entry”:false,“watermark”:false,“use_pmi”:false,“approval_type”:2,“audio”:“both”,“auto_re …”,

What am I missing? Is this possible?

Thank you

Hey @thand,

Have you looked at your settings and the accounts settings on the Zoom Web Dashboard as well to make sure they are checked for host video on?

User Level Settings

Account Level Settings

Thanks,
Tommy

It is the same result with all of these “Host Video” settings on. At the account level, at the API user generated level, at my own personal level it is all the same. The client launches into the host video off.

Hey @thand,

Can you give me a meeting ID that this is happening to so I can look into this further?

Thanks,
Tommy

Meeting ID: 332024617

Thanks @thand,

Are you the host of that meeting? (The email of the host for 332024617 is different than the email you are posting to the devforum with).

Just want to make sure you aren’t joining someone else’s meeting who has settings to join with video off.

Thanks,
Tommy

That is correct. It was an API generated user that was hosting the meeting. If they have settings indicating video should be off then I am not finding them.

Hey @thand, If I am not mistaken about your flow, then you joining the API generated users meeting would be joining the meeting as a participant and not a host.

Make sure the “participants video on” settings are on for you as well as the API generated users account.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Tommy

We generate a host for the meeting via the API. The given meeting ID only had a host join. A participant did not join. Both settings are enabled though, host and participant’s video.

Edit: Another meeting ID with a freshly generated API user as host. Launches straight into video off. 554268727

Hey @thand,

I think I know what is happening. Since you are creating a custCreate user, can you try the following:

Lock the video on settings at the account level:

If that does not work, try updating the custCreate users settings via the PATCH /users/{userId}/settings and pass in true for host_video and participants_video in the schedule_meeting object request body.

Let me know if that works!

Thanks,
Tommy

After performing the following steps, I am still achieving the same result. Meeting launches into host video off. Same results for other people testing with fresh installs, so not tied to my particular app installation.

1. Lock host_video / participants video on account level
  2. Create custCreate user
  3. Patch update their settings to set the host_video / participants video
  4. Create meeting with host_video / participants video enabled
  5. Launch into meeting in app, video is off

Thanks @thand, do you mind scheduling a Zoom call so I can better assist?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you, Tommy. We have a meeting scheduled with someone tomorrow morning.

Hey @thand,

Did you schedule a meeting with me using above link or someone else? I did not see anything come in.

Thanks,
Tommy