Why use join_url will Verify Mobile Number。if i can join the meeting without login

why use join_url will Verify Mobile Number。if i can join the meeting without login

Hey @fsx,

I do not understand your question. Please clarify. Screenshots would be helpful.

Thanks,
Tommy

when i create a meeting i can receive two url .one is join_url ,another is start_url.
i want to join the meeting,use sdk。 how can join without login。

Hello, how through the non-login hosting and the meeting, there will be no short message verification code?

Hey @fsx,

Which SDK is this? Android?

Thanks,
Tommy

yes Android 。we don’t want to verification code in our app 。if you have any method?

Hi fsx,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. In order to comply with China’s local network security regulations, SMS verification is required for users in China, so I am afraid it cannot be avoided. You may refer to the privacy policy statement here: https://zoom.us/zh-cn/privacy.html. Our Zoom client has the same behavior.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

thanks, i got it. But I found another strange problem.
It’s not just the first time to verify the phone number. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn’t verify. It makes me a little unsure. I don’t know what caused this

Hi fsx,

Thanks for the reply. If the user is logged-in, the user only needs to do SMS auth once. Otherwise, it will require to perform SMS auth every time when joining a meeting.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

If after login, is there a way not to verify the phone number?

i mean if i use the user token still needs to Verification of mobile phones first time?

excuse me, i have another question is that.
When I asked for the api interface。it will cost 3~5 seconds to return. if you have some method to make it fast. thankyou. my address is china beijing.

Hi fsx,

Thanks for your replies, regarding your questions:

If the user is logged in, the user will be asked to verify the phone number only once, upon success, he/she will not be asked to verify the phone number again.

If the user starts the meeting using tokens from API, then it is not a logged-in user in SDK. For non-logged in user, SMS verification is required for every meeting.

May I ask which API interface are you referring to? If you are referring to the interfaces in SDK, could you also provide the SDK version?

Hope this helps. Thanks!

createMeeting is slowly 。

look it costs over 3 seconds

Hi fsx,

Thanks for the reply. Are you referring to this interface? https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/us/zoom/sdk/PreMeetingService.html#scheduleMeeting-us.zoom.sdk.MeetingItem-. Is this happening all the time or it starts happening recently?

Thanks!

this interface it costs 3.8s 。ererytime。

Hi fsx,

Thanks for the reply. I will find an API expert to further assist you with this. Thanks!

Hey @fsx,

Can you try using China domain:

api.zoom.com.cn?

Thanks,
Tommy

it works thank you very much.
but sorry i have another quertion .how can i create a sso user. Is it necessary to set up something? how can i do it . Our company is a paid account。

1 Like

Hey @fsx, happy to hear China domain worked! :slight_smile:

To setup SSO users, please see this document:

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Tommy