Start Instant Meeting

Hello Support Team,

I want to know that which kind of user can start Instant Meeting ?

I am using pro account and i have created user using https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/users/usercreate REST API but when i start meeting i am getting error.

Which kind of user we need to create so that that user can start and join meeting ?

create, autoCreate, custCreate, ssoCreate

And which steps need to perform in order to start & join instant meeting ?

Like Initialize Zoom SDK
Login to Zoom
Start Instant Meeting.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi Jim,
Thanks for using Zoom SDK. The Zoom login user and SSO login user can start an instant meeting.
API /Non-login User can join a meeting or start a pre-scheduled meeting.

The error code you got, 5003, means no response from our server, regarding the meaning of the error codes, please refer: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/android/resource/error-codes

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

0 Likes

@Carson_Chen Thanks for the reply

So, in order to start instant meeting the user must be logged in in zoom sdk.

So, can you help me using which type we need to use when create user ? (create, autoCreate, custCreate, ssoCreate)

We want to start instant meeting.

0 Likes

@Carson_Chen
In our app the scenario is when user click on button the push notification is sent to the another user and in that second user we are showing one button and on clicking of that button the second user is join meeting using meeting number sent inpush notification.

So, We need to create separate user in zoom when they are signing up in my app ?

If we create a user using

CREATE this then confirmation email is sent to that user and clicking on that link user is redirected to a screen when they need to signup in zoom and from where the user can change password so how can we login in the zoom sdk because user can change password and at time of creating user using
{
“action”: “create”,
“user_info”: {
“email”: "email@domain.com",
“type”: “1”,
“first_name”: “John”,
“last_name”: “Martin”,
“password”: “P@ssword123”
}
}

the password is different

0 Likes

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply and thanks for the info. Based on the link: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/users/usercreate, the create type and the ssoCreate would be the expected user type. I personally focus more on the SDK side so I am working with our API team to better address your scenario and provide better suggestions for you. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi Jim,

Regarding your use case, for security concerns, the password creation, account confirmation, and the activation steps cannot be skipped if you are using the create type of user creation. Please note that the password shown in the API call is not available for the create type. It is only available for the autoCreate type of user creation.

So the best option for your scenario would be using the autoCreate or the ssoCreate. To use autoCreate, you need to send a request to verify your domain on the Zoom user portal (zoom.us > Sign In/My Account > Account Management > Account Profile).
30%20PM
Once we have approved your domain verification request, you will be able to create a new user using autoCreate and set the password at use creation. Once the user has successfully created, you will be able to log the user in with SDK.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

0 Likes