Working out when people are talking in a meeting

Hi all, I have an idea for an app that needs to record when people are talking/active in a meeting. I’ve read through the API docs, but can’t woek out of this is possible. I suspect not :frowning:

Thanks in advance

Steve

Hey @hogsmill,

Can you share more details about your use case?

Have you considered cutting out the gaps where no one is talking after the recording has completed processing?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Cheers for the reply. What I’m trying to do is work out each person’s contribution in a meeting; doesn’t have to be super accurate, just enough to see whether everyone is equally contributing (Google worked out this was a key indicator of high performing teams), or one or more are dominating. I’ve done this before in a face-to-face meeting by simply adding to a count each time someone spoke, then drawing an anonymised pie chart and showing it the team.

It would also be useful to see in real-time if facilitating a meeting; you can’t always tell if people are dominating, and some people are not getting their chance to speak…

Cheers

Steve

Hey @hogsmill,

You can use our TIMELINE file feature to do this. Checkout my post here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Cheers! That’s excellent, thanks - sounds exactly what I need - will give it a go…

Cheers

Steve

Hi, sir. i got a problem today i get a suspect! i don’t know why i get a suspect in my zoom account and if i can’t billing it. my account will be ban. but, i’m BASIC/FREE account and not have an PRO account. can you have resolve it? thank you

Hi @michaelfernando784,

For any billing or account questions, I recommend reaching out to support.zoom.us for assistance—they’ll be best suited to assist you.

If you have an API related question, feel free to post here on our forum!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.