Wrong callback when host asks participant to stop video

Description
I am trying to handle the callback for when the host asks a participant to stop their video. From the documentation I am expecting the callback to trigger the override fun onUserVideoStatusChanged(p0: Long, p1: InMeetingServiceListener.VideoStatus?) method. I am expecting the VideoStatus to be InMeetingServiceListener.VideoStatus.Video_Mute_ByHost but instead I am receiving Video_OFF. However this is the same VideoStatus for when the participant manually turns off their video.

Since both send the same VideoStatus, I am not sure how to isolate only the case when the host asks to stop the video. Is this a known issue? Or am I missing something?

Which Android Client SDK version?
v5.4.3.613

Hi @rares.vultur, thanks for the post.

We will need to investigate the correct functionality here, as Video_OFF seems like a valid status to receive in this case. While we look into this, do you have a specific need for the Video_Mute_ByHost status being sent in this scenario, or are you just looking to confirm the expected behavior?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Jon!
Yeah, I would need the Video_Mute_ByHost being sent since I want to show a specific alert for when the participant has been muted by host. Could you help me figure out how to isolate this specific case?

Hi @rares.vultur,

Thanks for confirming. I believe this is something we will need to make a change in the SDK, but we will need to investigate and get back to you.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.