Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again. Getting this message in zoom websdk webinars

Description
Here the issues are about webinar only, I am not considering meetings here.
Issue:1
I know why this error comes in my case, It comes when the participant joined before the host,
I want to over ride this zoom websdk message and gives the end user a appropriate message

Is there any way such that can I implement this functionality. Please let me know ,

Which Web Client SDK version?
. 1.9.1

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Schedule a webinar
  2. Try to join before host

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Lenovo thinkpad
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version : 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

IssueNo:2
Is there any event that can generate or i can catch in the websdk, when the participant is leaving the meeting. I have a use case like when the participant click on the leave meeting or back button , i want to ask the feedback of that session. In order to ask that , i have to know when the user is leaving the meeting, please let me know if there any events i can override and implement my use case.

Thanks,
Vasanth

Hey @vasanth,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When it comes to Webinars, the inMeetingServiceListener() doesn’t apply so you’ll want to use the Webinar Started Webhook to determine if a participant should be admitted to a meeting. Prior to getting this event, you can show a dialog that the meeting has not started.

For this, you can either set your leaveURL to a feedback page or you can use the Participant Left Webhook in order to send the participant a feedback email or event redirect them to a feedback page.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.