Zoom API Rate Limit Issues

Description
Several users of our Zoom marketplace app have experienced rate limit errors for requests that are well under the 10 requests/second limit described here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/rate-limits. Our app hits the users endpoint (/v2/users/) twice, and then lists hits the meetings endpoint for that user (/v2/users/{userId}/meetings). This number of requests should not trigger the API rate limit error response that we are seeing below. This is only happening for a subset of the Zoom accounts that have installed our app, and these accounts have not installed other Zoom Marketplace apps that could be using up their per-second request limit. We have advised these users to submit support tickets referencing the rate-limit problem, is that the correct path for this issue? My understanding from the documentation above is that the rate limits are imposed on a per-account basis, so each customer would need their limit increased individually.

Error
429: {"code":429,"message":"You have reached the maximum per-second rate limit for this API. Try again later."}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth app.

Which Endpoint/s?
/v2/users/
/v2/users/{userId}/meetings
/v2/users/{userId}/webinars

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
hitting the users endpoint with a GET request 3 times in a loop results in the rate limit response, repeatably.

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context

Hey @webinars,

We have seen a few issues like this, and are now looking into it. I will get back to you with updates. (ZOOM-150279)

Thanks,
Tommy

I to am running into this same issue with our application hitting the /v2/users/:userid route. Is there any update on this issue? Thank you

Hey @ixa020,

May I ask what account level you are on? Free Basic accounts have a 1 request per second rate limit.

Thanks,
Tommy

I have an enterprise zoom account that is licensed. So I shouldn’t run into that rate limit, hopefully. Also, I am careful in how often I call the API and make sure to follow the rate limit rules, but there is no documentation on rate limits regarding the /v2/users/* routes, is it just not up to date?

Thank you,
Ismail

Hey @ixa020,

Currently the /v2/users is 10 requests per second, however we are increasing the rate limits this weekend. :slight_smile:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/announcements#rate-limit-changes

Thanks,
Tommy