Zoom API to get user setting `Record to computer files` > `Hosts can give meeting participants permission to record to their computer`

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
GET /users/{userId}/settings

Description

• Is there a way to retrieve the following setting for a specific user via the Zoom API? Record to computer files > Hosts can give meeting participants permission to record to their computer

• I checked the document here: Zoom User API, but there doesn’t seem to be any relevant item.

• Furthermore, I actually tried calling the GET /users/{userId}/settings API, but the response was exactly the same whether the above setting Advanced Settings was enabled or disabled, leading me to suspect that this API cannot retrieve this setting.

Error?
not Bug

How To Reproduce

1. Request URL / Headers
curl -H "Authorization:Bearer xxx" https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/${userId}/settings

Hi @kanata.koyama
Thanks for reaching out to us!
Unfortunately, you can not get this setting back in the response body of the API call

1 Like

@elisa.zoom

Thanks for the reply.
Am I correct in understanding that there is no other way to get the information from other APIs other than /users/${userId}/settings?

@elisa.zoom
Hi, Could you please answer the above questions?

thanks!

Hi @kanata.koyama
Yes you are correct, but the Advanced settings is not included in the response body

1 Like