Zoom App opens in Browser instead of opening inside the Zoom interface

Description
Our app is just published in the Marketplace and all works well - except we expected the app to open inside of the Zoom interface but we see the user is being directed to the right URL which opens in the browser.
Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which App?
Joye

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Install App
  2. Open the App
  3. You will be directed to the browser

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

1 Like

Hi @Joyeconnect
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
I can see your app published in the Marketplace and I was able to instal it and authorized it in my test account. I was also able to use it.

What do you mean when you say that you expected the app to open inside the Zoom interface?

Hello Elisa,

Thanks for your email.

1. There are many Zoom apps, where the user experience is inside of the Zoom meetings/interface. for example, MIRO, Wellness that works by WW, and more. Unlike these apps, Joye opens in a browser outside of the Zoom meeting/interface – the user is effectively going out of Zoom into the browser. This is not the desired embedded experience, and we request your guidance on how the user can operate Joye inside the Zoom meeting/interface.

2. I installed Joye but I cannot see it in ‘my Apps’. I have to click a small ‘manage’ on top to see the Joye app. If the user has installed Joye, we will like the user to see the Joye app logo in “my Apps”

Look forward to your guidance on how we can improve this to the desired experience.

Thank you for sharing, it is a very useful app I will download it.

Hello Elisa, keenly awaiting your reply

Hey @Joyeconnect

Thanks for sharing more details with me.
The apps that you are talking about such as Miro, Wellness that Works by WW and some others, were part of our Beta program that is currently closed.

If you were part of this Beta program please let me know and I will be happy to follow up with the Marketplace team.
Best,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.