Zoom asking for "A user access token is required to request this resource." when attempting to go Live to FB

For some reason when I attempt to go live to a Verified Facebook Page, I get this error: A user access token is required to request this resource. This was not the issue prior to Zoom doing their update two weeks ago.

We had another FB Admin/Zoom User login and his worked, so I’m assuming it’s my zoom credentials? I’ve attempted to login through multiple devices and same error. I do not do any coding, this is simply through the native Zoom software (their customer service is hard to get ahold of ).

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Shawn

1 Like

I have the same problem. I cannot see any updates or process for this.

I’ve the same problem…
What’s the solution???
Tnx

No! I had to use another FB account. So I made my personal page an admin, then it worked. :man_facepalming:. So same issue on my business FB “parent page”.

Hey @SKAssociates, @confasi.sicilia, @dannesserrano,

When it comes to issues live streaming from the Zoom Client, please reach out to our Customer Support Team as they’ll be able to assist you directly.

@SKAssociates thank you for sharing what worked for you!

Thanks,
Max

I have the same issue. How can I solve it?

I had to give another FB user editor/admin rights and it worked. So I just did a workaround.

So, is it a ZOOM’s bug?

I can’t pinpoint it. I can only duplicate the error when I log in from a particular fb account. And it’s only napping on two of our “verified” (blue check mark) pages. They’re both government municipalities.

Hey @pietro.dettorre,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. If you continue to encounter issues, please reach out to our Customer Support Team as they’ll be able to assist you directly.

Thanks,
Max