Zoom callers capture like newtek tricaster

Hello staff team, I was wondering(while ndi output isn’t available in zoom), why Newtek integrates to their system this zoom meeting callers separately A/V feed like a NDI output used to in other applications like Skype and Teams…(its different for screen capture) If it’s possible to check it out in a few moments in this video: https://youtu.be/eN0lK47hLJc?t=264

So the question is… There’s a way to achieve this with some customization with Desktop Client SDK, or another resource here? What’s the path for it?

thanks

Hey @ericsrp,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Something like this may be possible to emulate, however, the SDK does not provide access to the raw input and raw output of a user’s video stream. Instead the SDK can simply switch “cameras” that are connected to the device. If your device was configured in a way that the SDK would view one of these streams as another camera, I believe this is possible.

Thanks!
Michael

Hello, @Michael_Condon thanks for the reply.
Sorry, but I don’t understand what you mean with the “Instead the SDK can simply switch “cameras” - If your device was configured in a way that the SDK would view one of these streams as another camera”

That’s a way to explain a little more, please, and if there’s a way to confirm if that’s some published app in the marketplace already with this function, or maybe can you tell me the SDK documentation link for these features.

thanks so much!

Hey @ericsrp,

I apologize my wording was confusing. Basically, you cannot directly access the input stream in the Zoom Client SDK, so I am not entirely sure how to configure an experience like the one you showed in your link. The Zoom SDK can only specify what camera to use for a specific device, and not what raw video input stream. The documentation can be found here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/windows/sdk-reference

Thanks!
Michael

thank you brother!! so theres no way to do it for now? even for web sdk not allow to get individual feed? no clue to how to get this experience? so maybe this example I showed not used some “official” ? maybe some personal setting they hire from zoom? or some trick/hack they made ?

Hey @ericsrp,

It is possible that they implemented it in a way that I did not think of. However, I believe raw data access for the input stream would be required to implement something like this. If that is not necessary this should be possible. The SDK basically looks for camera devices and microphones, then takes the input stream from those devices and puts it on the screen. I think the developers in your link probably configured their application in a way that each one of those streams was treated as a different camera/microphone. If that is the case, the SDK can be configured in a way to switch back and forth between these streams.

Thanks!
Michael

Thank you so much @Michael_Condon for the patience with this issue. The last reply, I promise.
I’m interested to go ahead with those ideas, but I have no clue where to begin, I don’t have deep knowledge with SDK and programming, so do you have an idea where or someone can I hire to handle this for me? I need to find out a solution, to implement this for my company. if you can provide some idea I’ll be thankful.

Thanks again

Hey @ericsrp,

You are welcome! Dont stress, we are here to help :slight_smile:
Normally, we don’t provide guidance surrounding finding developers or hiring as this forum is only for providing Zoom SDK support.

However, if you would like to attempt to learn on your own, here are some useful starting points:

I think this youtube channel is very good at explaining c++:

This youtube channel also has good tutorials:

And I think this is one of the most valuable learning resources available:

All of these are free :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael