Zoom Calls Quality issue - Thresholds from moniotoring

Howdy @suhailpuri

I was able to find this Zoom Help Center Article, which states:

You can [go] to http://speedtest.net to check your network bandwidth. Generally, we recommend 1.2 to 1.5Mbps upload/download for an optimal experience on desktop or room systems.

However, you mentioned a variety of connection sources such as: Internet, Home Internet, and 3G/4G, and I wasn’t able to locate any specifics for what your thresholds should be set as while monitoring to be considered.

I asked some of our Customer Success Managers if we had “Optimal Operating Target” values for these metrics, and they provided me with the following information:

| Metrics     | Ideal Threshold | Notes                                                |
|-------------|-----------------|------------------------------------------------------|
| Jitter      | < 150ms         | Variation in time between packets arriving           |
| Latency     | < 300ms         | Delay between packets being sent/received            |
| Packet Loss | < 20%           | Number of packets failing to reach final destination |
| CPU Usage   | < 90%           | Send and Receive rate you experience during the call |

Are you developing an app and using the List Meeting Participant’s QoS API to obtain these numbers for your own monitoring?

I scratched the itch with a couple other questions and wanted to share what I learned, in case it helps…

What happens when one or more attendees are on poor-quality connections, when this occurs, will they trigger a threshold monitoring alert?

Answer: Users receive a monitor alert, and they are encouraged to disable their camera.

Does this help get you moving in the right direction?