Zoom Chat API Issue Pulling GIFs

Description
I am currently experiencing an issue with displaying GIFs sent via Zoom’s Chat API. When GIFs are sent to either a channel or personal chat, the message field displays the following:

"Jayesh Bagul sent you a GIF image. In order to view it, please upgrade to the latest version that supports GIFs: Download Center for Zoom Apps and Plugins | Zoom "

I have already ensured that both the Zoom client and the API client are updated to their latest versions, yet the GIFs remain inaccessible through the Zoom Chat API.

Error
Despite using the latest Zoom client and API client (Postman), GIFs sent via the Zoom Chat API are not visible.

1. Can you confirm if the Zoom Chat API supports receiving GIFs and stickers?
  2. If GIFs and stickers are supported, are there specific account types or configurations required to enable this functionality via the API?

How To Reproduce

API Call Used:**

curl --location 'https://api.zoom.us/v2/chat/users/jayesh.bagul@acaglobal.com/messages?to_channel=521a4f678ab34b0d895c66c275cabf5c&from=%202024-07-08T00%3A00%3A00Z&to=%202024-07-20T23%3A59%3A59Z&page_size=%2050&include_deleted_and_edited_message=%20True' \
--header 'Accept: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer TOKEN' \
--header 'Cookie: __cf_bm='

Hi @avdovyn
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer forum!
I do not think you can access GIFs and stickers via API, but let me double check and I will get back to you
Cheers,
Elisa

1 Like

Hi @avdovyn
I am still looking into this issue!
I will get back to you as soon as I have more information
Cheers,
Elisa

1 Like

Got it!
Thank you Elisa.
Appreciate your help!

Best,
Alex

Hi @avdovyn
It looks like this is an issue on our end. I will go ahead and report this to our Engineering team and will get you an update soon
Cheers,
Elisa