Zoom Client SDK - Allow user to Choose SDK or Client Desktop Application

When using the Zoom Client SDK, is there anything preventing us from allowing an end-user to choose whether the meeting is opened within their browser via the SDK or to launch the Zoom Meeting on their Desktop Zoom App?

We hoped to do this as a fall-back option in case specific zoom features aren’t fully supported in the SDK or the user’s browser, or if users prefer to use the desktop application.

We had assumed that this was possible, but heard there may be issues with presenting an option.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Hey @seth,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. If you wanted to accomplish something like this, you could create your own page which asks if they want to join via the Zoom App or the Web Browser.

If they select the Zoom App, you navigate the user to the typical join_url. If they select the browser method, you redirect them to your own custom route within your app that is able to join the meeting via the SDK.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Perfect, thank you Max!

Awesome, I’m glad that was useful! I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Max