Zoom commands do not send for the first user who joins the session

When two users join a Zoom session using the sample SDK demo project, the command channel does not work for the first user who joins. The second user who join can use the command channel.

Which iOS Video SDK version?
Video SDK v1.4 for iOS

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Have two devices - Device 1 and Device 2
  2. Launch the provided SDK demo app on both devices
  3. Join session with Device 1
  4. Join session with Device 2
  5. On Device 1, use the “raise hand” command
  6. Notice that Device 1 shows the “raise hand” emoji but Device 2 does not
  7. On Device 2, use the “raise hand” command
  8. Notice that Device 2 and Device 1 shows the “raise hand” emoji properly

Screenshots
Imgur: The magic of the Internet - Video link
This video shows the sequence of actions as stated above. Device 1 is on the left and Device 2 is on the right.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):
Device 1 - iPhoneSE 2nd Gen iOS15.4.1
Device 2 - iPhone6S iOS14.7.1
Xcode 13.4.1

Additional context
For both devices, the “onCmdChannelConnectResult” returns true for the success boolean before attempting to send any commands.

For both devices, when the command is sent using “ZoomVideoSDKError error = [[[ZoomVideoSDK shareInstance] getCmdChannel] sendCommand:cmdString receiveUser:nil];”, the result comes back as “Errors_Success” meaning the message sent should have been successful, but the other device never receives it.

If I join with Device 2 first and then join with Device 1, I get the same problem but reversed. Device 2 is unable to send commands while Device 1 is now able to send commands.

We are successfully generating the JWT token with these parameters and the security parameters as required by your documentation: app_key, tpc, version, role_type, user_identity

This same behaviour also occurred for me on Video SDK v.1.3.1

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.