Zoom Events - Create Ticket

Hi,

I’m attempting to use the zoom events API. Our customers will buy their ticket and select sessions off of the zoom platform and we’ll use the Zoom APIs to create a ticket for each customer.

Here are the details with APIs been used as reference:

1. Create a paid event:
    POST /zoom_events/events

2. Create sessions in event:
    POST /zoom_events/events/{eventId}/sessions

3. Create a ticket type per customer so we can restrict access to specific sessions:
    POST /zoom_events/events/{eventId}/ticket_types

4. Create a ticket based on the ticket type above so we can share a join link:
    POST /zoom_events/events/{eventId}/tickets

Unfortunately, I’m getting a 404 with the following response after attempting to create a ticket:
{“code”:2004,“message”:“Ticket not found.”}

Where can I find details on code 2004? The event and ticket type ids are valid and all required fields are been supplied. Is there some restrictions on using this endpoint?

Thanks for your help,
Martin

Hi @mpeters
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community!
I am happy to help here!
Are you getting the 404 error when making the 4th API request?

Hi @elisa.zoom

Yes, it’s a 404

Thanks for your help,
Martin

Hi @elisa.zoom

The issue was the format of the payload I was sending. Didn’t notice that the create ticket endpoint requires the following:
{“tickets”: [“email”: “…”, “ticket_type_id”: “…”], …}
I was sending down a single ticket if that makes sense. The error message threw me off. Maybe it should say “tickets data required, see required input for more details”

Thanks for help and apologies for not catching this myself before opening the ticket.
Martin

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.