Zoom instant sdk web v1.0.2 error on npm start

Description
After flowing all the instructions in the read me I run into node modules error on load. it seems to be getting confused by the react app rewired command. this is happening with a fresh download of the zoom video sdk for web.

Error
‘Libs\node_modules.bin’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:883
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module ‘C:\Users\Cody\Desktop\zoom-instant-sdk-web-1.0.2\zoom-instant-sdk-web-1.0.2\react-app-rewired\bin\index.js’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:880:15)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:725:27)
at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (internal/modules/run_main.js:72:12)
at internal/main/run_main_module.js:17:47 {
code: ‘MODULE_NOT_FOUND’,
requireStack:
}
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! react-video-sdk-demo@0.1.0 start: react-app-rewired start
npm ERR! Exit status 1

1 Like

Hey @codyParnell ,

Thanks for sharing the issue you are experiencing. We are looking into this and will get back to you with an update. (CS-3211)

-Tommy

Hi, still facing this issue. How to resolve it and run the sample ?

Hey @sonicxz , @codyParnell ,

This will be fixed in version 1.0.3. In the meantime, please use node.js 14, and npm 6. It will not work with node.js 15 and npm 7, until Video SDK 1.0.3 is released. Place check versions via $ node -v and $ npm -v

Thanks,
Tommy

hey @tommy thanks for the response. the thing is I was already using npm 6 and node 14.

C:\Users\Cody>npm -v

C:\Users\Cody>node -v
v14.16.0

above are the exact versions that I am currently using.

1 Like

Hi @tommy,
I have same configuration as @codyParnell,
So shall we try other version.
Please let us know asap

Hey @codyParnell @tommy, were able to bypass this error via
changing the name Sample&Libs folder to Sample but now we are getting this error,

unable to locate "C:\Users\Abhio\OneDrive\Documents\NeoShows\zoom-instant-sdk-web-1.0.2\Sample\doc" at "C:\Users\Abhio\OneDrive\Documents\NeoShows\zoom-instant-sdk-web-1.0.2\Sample\doc

Let us know how can we resolve this

Hey @sonicxz ,

It seems that is a path misconfiguration. Double check that path is valid.

@codyParnell , are you still seeing this issue? I am checking with the team to see when 1.0.3 will be released.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy we have resolved this issue, with substituting a doc folder with an index.html file.
Seems like this folder is being missed in the original sample but needed for running the sdk.

And yes could you please let us know when version 1.0.3 is being released ?
Also do we have a git repository for this ? Every time we update a package or install a new one we need to add @zoomus manually again

1 Like

Hey @sonicxz ,

Happy to hear you resolved the issue. We will check the missing folder.

Also, thanks for the feedback, currently we do not have this on Github or NPM, but we are planning to in the future for easier development.

Thanks,
Tommy

the new 1.0.2 demo will open, if you re download it, the api and doc link will open

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/video/web/reference

2 Likes

Hi I have following two questions regarding the zoom video sdk,

1. Is there any limit to the duplex connection of users sharing audio and video concurrently ?.

2. Could you please tell me how we can access the raw video/audio Feeds of users from zoom video sdk.

Hey @sonicxz ,

I believe it is 9. Let me confirm. :slight_smile:

Here are the docs for managing video and audio streams:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/video/web/essential/video

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/video/web/essential/audio

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi could you please confirm that limit for concurrent audio and video share ?

But as you can see above, Zoom video SDK claims to have 300 cohosts/participants.
Could you please help me out this with this asap.
Yours Grateful :grin:

Hey @sonicxz ,

You can display up to 9 video streams at once, audio will be mixed into one track on server side, so there is only one audio stream.

Per your reference of the Video SDK page, let me confirm, but it means that 300 participants can be present in the session, but only 9 can be seen at a time.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi as you can see I have attached a ss image

It has atleast 49 people at a time and they are able to share their videos and the meet is going on.
This is from the main Zoom App. So this seems to me 49 people are concurrently sharing their videos and audio so the limit 9, is this specifically for Zoom video sdk or is there any other bits that we need to know?
Please lemme know about this.

Hey @sonicxz ,

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

On the browser, we can not directly use native code to codec audio and video, instead, we use Web Assembly as the bridge, which led to performance overhead. So we limit the concurrent videos to 9, the same limit as Web Client.

2 Likes