When using CustomUI, the webinar host and panelists’ video are not visible to attendees. This is because the meeting user list is empty for webinar attendees.
This issue looks similar to one filed on macOS: Webinar host and panelists not visible to attendee when using CustomUI
Step to reproduce:
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Start the demo application and enable CustomUI
- Choose Email Login and log in with Zoom account credentials
- Hit the Join button and enter a webinar ID for a webinar in progress with “No Registration Required”. This webinar should have multiple panelists.
- Click the button for the thumbnail tab and see that the thumbnails are entirely blank. Instead, these thumbnails should contain video of the panelists.
Smartphone (please complete the following information):
- Device: iPhone (any model)
- OS: iOS 14
After debugging this further, I can see that
MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.getInMeetingUserList() returns nil as an attendee. Once the attendee has been promoted to a panelist, this call to retrieve the user list works as expected.
Because the in-meeting user list returns nil, the thumbnails where the panelist videos should be remain blank.
As mentioned before, this macOS issue looks similar. Could this be a problem on your backend of not sending the meeting user list to Webinar attendees?
Thanks for the help!