WindowsSDK Webinar video not visible to attendee when using CustomUI

Description
Video elements do not render for attendees of webinar using the custom UI

Which version?
v5.2.42037.1112

To Reproduce(If applicable)

1. Start the demo application and enable CustomUI
  2. Choose Email Login and log in with Zoom account credentials
  3. Hit the Join button and enter a webinar ID for a webinar in progress with “No Registration Required”
  4. See that the host of the webinar is not visible in the meeting window
  5. Click the button for the thumbnail tab and see that the thumbnails are entirely blank

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device Spec: PC

Additional context
I’m building a custom ui for webinars on Windows

Using the sample app with CustomUI turned on, after joining an attendee can’t see the host or any panelists. The thumbnails section is blank.

If an attendee is promoted to a panelist the video renders correctly.

It looks like someone had the same problem with the mac SDK here: https://devforum.zoom.us/t/webinar-host-and-panelists-not-visible-to-attendee-when-using-customui/37494/3

But it looks like there’s been no movement on that yet but I wanted to log that the windows SDK seems to have the same issue.

Thanks for your help!

Hey @wcarle,

Thank you for using the dev forum!

I am sorry this issue is happening. That is strange that the user can only see the video stream after being promoted to a panelist.

Can you upgrade to the latest version of the SDK, and see if you are still experiencing the same behavior? Version 5.4.54524.1229

Note, the current version of the SDK and future versions of the SDK will be available on Zoom Marketplace instead of github.
To download the latest version, sign in to Zoom Marketplace. Navigate to “Build App” -> “SDK” -> “Download” -> “Windows”.

Thanks!
Michael