Zoom keeps auto-joining meetings

I have a technical issue with setting up the zoom web integration.

What should happen is when the user loads the page, the container where the user gets a preview of their own camera and has the option to mute their mic and hide their video before joining the meeting by clicking on “join meeting” should be shown. When they then click on “join meeting”, only then they should be connected to the meeting.

However, what happens in some instances is that when the user loads the page, they are automatically joined into the meeting, thus bypassing the previous step.

I’ve tested this in various browsers, each time clearing all cookies and other cached information, but this does not resolve the issue. This, eliminating the possibility of this being a browser-related issue.

When building, I have followed the following documentation: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/build.

The documentation offers two implementation paths, I followed option 1 (import module locally).

The only difference is that we have opted not to include the CSS files.

I have tried the following:

• Clearing all session data, cookies, local storage etc.
  • Setting JS Lib to version 1.9.8 and an older version.
  • Removing all other elements from the webpage (in case there are any JS conflicts).
  • Including the CSS files that we have chosen to exclude.

None of the above has helped in resolving the issue where the initial option is bypassed.

I have tested this in Windows, iOS and mobile (android).

Hey @Salaah,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Are you using the Zoom SDK’s or the Zoom applications?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,
I am using the Zoom SDK.
Using the web-based solution.