Zoom-meeting-embedded-2.4.5 eventlistener for component view

Description
I am aware that there is an eventlistener if i use the clientview

ZoomMtg.inMeetingServiceListener('onUserLeave', function (data) {
    console.log(data);
  });

Unfortunately, i cannot find similar event listener when using the component view. Is this available? Kindly point me at it as i want to show a message to the user on the webpage when they leave the meeting.

1 Like

@adigunsherif,

Thank you for posting @adigunsherif ! You’re right! At this time, there is no event listener for the component view. We’ve been getting a lot of requests for this feature and have it on the roadmap [ZOOM-375533]. No timeline is set at the moment. However, be sure to follow our blog, change log , and developer guides topics for the latest news, updates, and fixes.

1 Like

@adigunsherif
Don’t worry, even if you had this you would not be able to fully use it. It has been broken from day 1, as reported a year & half here.

@donte.zoom
This feature has never worked properly and no one had even really looked into this even if was reported multiple times.
I even created a feature request to try to get some additional things in it that would be interesting for an SDK, but again completely ignored.
I understand you have priorities, but it would be nice to also have features that really work as well as are maitained / improved over time.

Long story short: your event listener is useless until you have a proper user identification system accross their multiple connection attempts. (by using the provided name information for example, user account if used while connecting, etc.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.