Zoom Meeting Web SDK Video Size

Customize Video Size:

I’m using Zoom Meeting SDK for Web following this but i can’t find a way to increase the size when video pops up.

Example Code:

this.client.init({
        debug: true,
        zoomAppRoot: meetingSDKElement,
        language: 'en-US',
        customize: {
        meetingInfo: ['topic', 'host', 'participant', 'dc', 'enctype'],
        toolbar: {
            buttons: [
            {
                text: 'Custom Button',
                className: 'CustomButton',
                onClick: () => {
                console.log('custom button');
                }
            }
            ]
        }
        }
    });

If i understand correctly it must be customizable through the customize object although i cannot seem to find a documentation with the values i shall provide so i can customize the size.

Thanks in advance.

Bump, noone got an answer to this?

Hi @Stelikas ,

Thanks for your question. You can resize the video container, or canvas element the video is rendered onto, using the sizing objects ‘default’ and ‘ribbon’. The described process + a code snippet is included in this article. Please let me know if this proves helpful.

Thanks,
Rehema

It’s possible to configure the embeddable web sdk component on initialisation with something like:

client
  .init({
    debug: true,
    zoomAppRoot: node,
    language: 'en-US',
    customize: {
      video: {
        isResizable: false,
        viewSizes: {
          default: { width: node.clientWidth, height: node.clientHeight },
          ribbon: { width: node.clientWidth / 4, height: node.clientHeight },
        },
      },
    }
  })

What I don’t understand is how to:

• Adjust the viewSize dynamically? For example, if a user resizes their window, how does one change the size of their view? It doesn’t appear that calling client.init() again mid-meeting should or will work
  • Adjust the size of the screenshare? The videoSize.default option doesn’t seem to affect the size of the shared screen view. Additionally, when a screen is shared, dragging to increase the size when video.isResizable is true has strange behaviour
  • Choose which view is shown by default. It seems the ribbon view is the default but I would prefer to start with gallery or speaker view. Is this possible?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.