Zoom participant api not returning participant emails

Description
I am using the Zoom meeting participant api and till yesterday the response of the api was working fine.
But today I am receiving a response but the participant emails are missing from the response for all api calls.

Error
No error message, only email ids missing in response.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?

JWT auth

Which Endpoint/s?

API: https://api.zoom.us/v2/report/meetings/:meetingId/participants
Method: GET

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL : https://api.zoom.us/v2/report/meetings/:meetingId/participants
  2. Meeting ID: 89740586075

Example data:

{
            "id": "6cR83_JLTgmvQCFLAHFU4w",
            "user_id": "16789504",
            "name": "Siva_Gangadhar",
            "user_email": "",
            "join_time": "2022-03-01T07:25:25Z",
            "leave_time": "2022-03-01T07:29:02Z",
            "duration": 217,
            "attentiveness_score": "",
            "failover": false,
            "status": "in_meeting",
            "customer_key": ""
        }

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

2 Likes

I’m seeing the same problem, do we know if this is being worked on?

Same problem for me. My client can’t work like this

I am also facing the same problem. By using this email id I am verifying the user with my database.

There has been no response from Zoom on this. Let’s raise this on other platforms like twitter to get more visibility on the issue.

1 Like

I am also facing same problem.

No one from Zoom will respond? My client can’t work at because is not possible to check the assistance with their database. We need a response right now. Thanks

So apparently these fields are null if you don’t have HIPAA business associate agreement

This API may return empty values for participants’ user_name , ip_address , location , and email responses when the account calling this API:

No one from Zoom has responded to any of the issues and they have just updated this in the documentation.

This is not acceptable behaviour. We are paying for our accounts.

2 Likes

Hi,
I am getting all the following responses except user_email. Is there any problem with ZOOM participant API?

[1] => Array
    (
        [id] => i6qo0-48TnOeBbPHu0lNag
        [user_id] => 16783360
        [name] => PRINCE DESHWAL
        [user_email] => 
        [join_time] => 2022-02-07T04:06:58Z
        [leave_time] => 2022-02-07T04:50:55Z
        [duration] => 2637
        [attentiveness_score] => 
        [failover] => 
        [status] => in_meeting
        [customer_key] => 
    )

[2] => Array
    (
        [id] => ED_tJUB_TuW87y_JLyz1kg
        [user_id] => 16784384
        [name] => SUBODH BISHT
        [user_email] => 
        [join_time] => 2022-02-07T04:06:59Z
        [leave_time] => 2022-02-07T04:50:51Z
        [duration] => 2632
        [attentiveness_score] => 
        [failover] => 
        [status] => in_meeting
        [customer_key] => 
    )

I am not sure if this is related, but when I ran the usage reports last week and today, i don’t seem to see the email addresses omy my meetings participants. I can only see mine. How to I get these now? Thanks

I was able to get it before, but now, it’s not showing. I will appreciate an immediate help to this. Thank you.

Zoom has disabled getting participant emails:

Something to do with user privacy without providing an alternate way to solve for this.
I was using the data to track whether users joined the meeting for not. I have the list of emails of users who should be joining the meeting but with the options provide, I still cannot find out if a user has actually joined or not.

@elisa.zoom

Hi @delta

Please refer to this post:

Hope this helps,
Elisa

I’m having the same issue. This email id is used to validate the user in my database.

@meharg,

Please see our announcements on API email address display rules and let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/stay-up-to-date/announcements#api-email-address-display-rules

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.