Zoom Phone API(Need API call to update extensions instead of manual task)

Description
Currently the Zoom API which is being published has two options in terms of numbers where “Get phone number details,List phone numbers option is there”. I have seen issue where user’s when assigned DID with the number plan the next step is to assigning extension which is manual task. Logically when DID is assigned to user’s there should be a way where extension should also be updated parallel without manual task. I have been using Postman API to do few test activities in terms of Zoom API. Can you please help us to see if any amendments can be done through API update.
Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @sanjeev.kumar1, thanks for posting and using Zoom! :slight_smile:

Have you tried using the Update Auto Receptionist Details endpoint to update the extension?

If that is not what you are looking for, I will submit a feature request for you.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Good day Tommy. Thanks for your reply. My request was something more specific in terms of Number assignment under user and room section. As per current flow once you assign number to user it get assigned it to user but the extension section doesnt gets updated accordingly. We have to go under the profile section and then for the user we assign the extension .

I was trying out an way where using Zoom API i can still achieve it instead of doing it manually. The extension update should update automatically once Numbers(DID) is assigned to user. Also is there any way where i can have API output directly to email address ( some get XXXX outputs).

Thanks in advance

Regards
Sanjeev

Hey @sanjeev.kumar1,

I will add this as a feature requests! (ZOOM-143545)

Can you clarify to what you mean when you say:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy ,
Thanks four quick help here. Might be my query can be not purely relevant but what i was thinking in terms of having API call output being send via email if needed . Also to get some output respectively from API call ran through Postman API can i do it on tenant level ( so it was respective to Site level data ).

Hey @sanjeev.kumar1,

If you want the output to be sent via an email, you will have to implement that yourself via a service like SendGrid.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy for your pointer. In addition i requested something in terms of dashboard reports where i was requesting if i can get details with respect to location and site-wise data through API call in more drilled down fashion.Can you please share some pointers here. Currently i am making API calls via JWT token.

Hey @sanjeev.kumar1,

What do you mean in a more drilled down fashion?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy Good day. I was looking for reports on Dshboard more specific to site and location wise for all category.

Thanks
Sanjeev

Hey @sanjeev.kumar1,

For Zoom Phone? Please elaborate?

Have you seen the List Phone Site endpoint: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/phone-site/listphonesites

Thanks,
Tommy