Zoom Phone Call to trigger popup to write to Excel file

I have a customer who wants to use Zoom Phone.
They do not have a CRM.
Rather, each of their reps enters information about the call into an Excel Spreadsheet.
They want to generate a “popup” to enter data into an Excel Spreadsheet.
I know that Python has a way to open and modify an excel file (Openpyxl).
What are there API calls on the Zoom side to trigger the script? Or a Webhook?

Hi @dave.steier ,

What sort of info are they looking to populate into Excel? I’d do a public search for importing webhook or API data into the version of Excel they’re using if that is what they’re trying to do. Hope that helps!

Hi Gianni.
They are basically trying to mimic a CRM using Excel.
So they would be looking to populate the Date/Time, Called number, Caller ID (If Present), and a field where the Called party can enter some notes.
Dave

Hi @dave.steier ,

Sorry for the late response. If we do not get @'d on the forum, sometimes we do not see the notification.

What were the results of doing a public search for importing webhook or API data into the version of Excel they’re using?

To trigger a script when a Zoom Phone call ends and open an Excel spreadsheet, you can use Zoom’s Webhook feature. You’ll need to set up a webhook for the “Call Ended” event in the Zoom Developer platform. Then, your script can be configured to run in response to the webhook event, allowing you to open and modify the Excel spreadsheet using the Openpyxl library in Python.

Thank you for your contributions! Glad this is resolved!