This is more of a generic question regarding the type of app to use.
I would like to be able to get the phone number from an incoming zoom call? Similarly to be able to invoke a call from a webpage by clicking a phone number. Is this something that can be done? What app type should I use for this?
I initially thought of using ‘Webhook Only’ type but the Create button is not available in my account? Is this something we need to buy?
I tried to create ‘Oauth Type’ but then it is requiring me to validate the URL when I tried adding ‘Event Subscription’. I can see I can listen to events like caller/callee ringing etc… I thought I could use my rest app url and just plug it in but then it wont allow me to add my url here. Do I need to create an app based on npm/ngrok? Sorry Im still trying to read/understand zoom app dev and any help will be greatly appreciated.
If you’re experiencing unexpected API/Zoom API Events (webhooks) behavior please search the forum with relevant keywords (e.x. error message) and follow the guidance outlined in those posts. Please also leverage the following support links:
- Zoom Developer Changelog for Dev Product Changes: Changelog
- General Troubleshooting: https://devsupport.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- To Submit a Ticket for Unexpected API/Zoom API Events Behavior: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- For General & Integrations Related Guidance: https://community.zoom.com/
- For Troubleshooting Webhooks: "We Are Not Receiving Webhooks As Expected" -- Here's What to Do! - #2
API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
Link the API endpoint(s) and/orZoom API Event(s) you’re working with to help give context.
Details on your question, workflow or the problem you’re trying to solve.
The full error message or issue you are running into, where applicable.
How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials or sensitive info like emails, uuid, etc.) / Body
2. Authentication method or app type
3. Any errors