Zoom PKCE OAuth Installation problem

Description
Hi,

I’m trying to use Zoom PKCE OAuth and I’m having some difficulties.

An OAuth app was created (on DEV mode) with my custom URL Schema (registered on ANDROID) then I’ve generated the OAuth Authorize URL, following the RFC 7636 (code verifier, code challenge, etc.).

When I try to open the URL on Android it shows that my app can’t be installed. Its obvious that I cannot install it going on zoom dev page, manage app because the URL used is not a valid domain in the internet, its a custom url scheme for Android. So my question is: How do I get my OAuth working on my DEV environment so I can test the entire flow before publishing it on production?

I’m attaching here the print that shows the problem.

Thanks.

Hey @casmeiron,

Thank you for reaching out to the forum! Currently, the Marketplace doesn’t support redirecting to an Android schema. Instead, you can provide a URL to a web server that can complete the redirect.

Would that work for your use case?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

We got it working on DEV… are you saying it won’t work on production? So we should not use PKCE but instead the standard way, doing everything on backend?

Thanks.

Hey @casmeiron,

Thanks for following up on this! I’m glad to hear you got this working in Dev. I would expect it will work for the production credentials in that case as well. You should be able to use PKCE as well.

I’ll need to double-check with our review team during our meeting tomorrow but my understanding is that you’ll want to redirect to a valid URL in order to publish the application. This is so that users from all devices are able to install the application. From there, the URL that you redirect to would be responsible for directing the user to an android schema, if applicable.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.