We use LTI Pro 1.0/1.1 in Moodle 3.10 to schedule meetings. When instructors need to pre-assign breakout rooms, they schedule the meeting in LTI Pro, then go to the Zoom Portal to pre-assign the rooms (usually by uploading a CSV file).
Previously, after uploading the CSV and clicking Save, the Zoom Portal would acknowledge that the breakout rooms have been pre-assigned, by displaying the number of the rooms below ‘Meeting options’.
Now whenever we upload a CSV in the Zoom Portal to pre-assign rooms in a meeting that has been originally scheduled via LTI Pro, the UI initially acknowledges that the import has happened, but when I save the meeting it no longer shows the numbers of breakout rooms that have been pre-assigned.
When I join that meeting and click Breakout Room, it doesn’t show the ones that I pre-assigned either.
LTI Pro. Version: 1.0/1.1
How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Install LTI Pro 1.0/1/1 in a Moodle 3.10 environment.
- Create a dummy course.
- In the course add the Zoom LTI activity, give it a name and click Save and display.
- Schedule a meeting in the LTI activity and click Save.
- Now in the Zoom web portal, click on Settings and make sure that Allow host to assign participants to breakout rooms when scheduling is ticked.
- Click Meetings.
- Hover your over the meeting you scheduled in step 4 and click Edit.
- Tick Breakout Room pre-assign.
- Click Import from CSV.
- Click download the template.
- Open the template with Excel and populate column 2 with some email address.
- Save the Excel file and upload it in Step 9.
- Click Save.
- Meeting options will show you the number of rooms that have been imported.
- Click Save to save the meeting.
- Zoom Portal doesn’t show you the section ‘Breakout room’ and the number of rooms that have been imported, below Meeting Options.
Screenshots (If applicable)
See a quick video that shows the problem: Pre-assigning breakout room issue