Pre-assigned breakout rooms

I am wondering if I am missing any information regarding the pre-assigned breakout rooms for meetings.

I am trying to pre-assign users by email to breakout rooms, but there does not seem to be a way to pass the email to the join meeting parameters (tried to get user email from session reports and that was blank as well which I found was because of security reasons) which makes me believe that you cannot pre-assign breakouts for a meeting by email.

I am just looking for confirmation if this is true and if there is any way to pre-assign breakout rooms when scheduling meetings.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @luke1010,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Currently, we don’t have an API or SDK feature that will allow you to pre-assign breakout rooms. However, we do have an article on how this can be done with the Zoom Web Portal.

When it comes to issues or questions pertaining to the Zoom Web Portal or the Zoom Client App, you can reach out to our Customer Support Team as they are best equipped to assist with those issues.

This forum category is focused on issues pertaining to the Web SDK.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM,
I’m wondering if the web client will allow for breakout rooms done by email. I am fine with setting this up through the web portal, that is how I have done it in the past, but I had a session in which I tried pre-assigning users by email and the pre-assign feature did not work.

I am using their email in ZoomMtg.join so I am unsure of why I am having this issue. I see that email required for webinar
https://zoom.github.io/sample-app-web/ZoomMtg.html#join
but can it be an optional parameter for joining the meeting? Or does this parameter not get processed for meetings?

Hey @luke1010,

Thank you for providing more information. The Web SDK doesn’t currently support pre-assigning breakout rooms. Instead, you’ll want to use the Zoom app for the most complete featureset. This is something we plan to improve in the future though.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @MaxM, is there any chance to see this feature coming in closest future? trello roadmap doesnt’ have any mention even in long term list
Thanks

Hey @polandoutpost,

Thank you for your question. I don’t see this specifically on the Trello roadmap but I know that we plan to add functionality for managing breakout rooms in a future release and to close feature gaps between the Zoom App and Web Client/Web SDK.

I don’t have a timeline for when this would be available and as you’ve noted, it will likely be a while as it hasn’t hit the long term roadmap just yet.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.