Zoom Room API Cancel

Description
There are several posts about struggles to get the Zoom Room API “Cancel” endpoint to work. I have read all the ones I can find. Is there a clear, reliable way to get this endpoint to work? I have yet to be able to successfully cancel a meeting via this endpoint.

Error
No errors. The endpoint sends a successful response, but the meeting remains untouched.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT and Webhook (for capturing the meeting id from Schedule endpoint).

Which Endpoint/s?
Zoom Room API “Cancel”, Zoom Room API “Schedule”

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Successfully create a meeting for a Zoom Room using the Zoom Room API “Schedule” endpoint.
  2. I then capture the meeting id using a webhook in conjunction with the callbackurl property of the Schedule endpoint. This works fine.
  3. Use the Zoom Room API “Cancel” endpoint to try and cancel/delete the meeting.
  4. The meeting does not get removed.

Additional context
I have replaced steps 1 and 2 with creating the meeting through the outlook integration. I then use Postman to find the meeting and its id. Steps 3 and 4 yield the same results.

I have tried to use the Zoom API Meeting > Delete endpoint instead, but I have found that thought it does delete the meeting, it does not fire back through integrations to complete the cancellation.

For example, my client uses the Outlook integration to schedule meetings as well. I have discovered that when I create meetings using the Zoom Rooms API “Schedule” endpoint, the meetings get created and the integration seems to pick them up and create the meetings on the Outlook calendar. However, when I delete the meetings using the Zoom API Meeting > Delete endpoint, the meetings are indeed deleted in the Zoom controller, but the integration does not remove it from the Outlook calendar.

Ultimately what I am trying to accomplish is to cancel/delete a scheduled Zoom Room meeting in such a way that it removes them from the integration (Outlook calendar) as well. It feels like this should be possible since it works when creating them.

Hi @gman ,

Thank you for sharing this. I recommend opening up a support ticket and communicating the issue with the meeting delete not persisting through the Outlook integration. Our Support team can open a further inquiry to encourage a sustainable fix here.

Gianni

I opened a support ticket as Gianni recommended. I wanted to post the results of that support ticket here for anyone else who may come across this topic to see. Below is the reply I got from support.

Thank you for contacting Zoom Technical Support! I hope you are having a splendid Saturday! I understand that you have issues with Zoom API Meeting > Delete endpoint integration issue. Nothing to worry about, I’ll be more than happy to assist you in resolving your concern.

At the moment, this is the expected behavior. If you delete the meaning from the Zoom API or Zoom room and even from the Zoom client it will remain in Outlook and you need to manually delete it from there. However, if you delete the meeting directly from Outlook it will delete from the Zoom platform as well.

1 Like

Hey @gman,

Thank you for sharing the solution here! I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max