Scheduling a meeting for multiple rooms

Description
I am writing a program that creates a bulk amount of meetings for a session in a University. Part of the requirements are to book a meeting for multiple rooms.

Error
The issue is i’m seeing a limitation with the zoom rooms api where, if you schedule a meeting with the room:

1. How do you identify the meeting the is being created? The response lacks a meeting id and i’m not sure how to use the guid or the room id to find the meeting.
  2. It only allow you to schedule the meeting to the one room.

Is there an alternative method of creating a meeting and scheduling it to multiple rooms?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
The endpoint in question is:

• POST https://api.zoom.us/v2/rooms/{roomId}/meetings

Additional Context
There are Exchange calendars integrated with the rooms.

Hey @grobinson

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Hi @DeveloperBot ,

This was not helpful.

Thanks,
Greg

Hey @grobinson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Please try using the callback_url parameter the Zoom Room Schedule API:

That should respond with the meeting ID when the Zoom Room client has created the meeting.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks @MaxM for the response.

That is quite useful to know about the callback tokens.

As for the second point in the original post… Is there an alternative method of creating a meeting and scheduling it to multiple rooms using the API?

Thanks,
Greg

Hey @grobinson,

That’s my mistake for not responding to that question, thank you for reminding me. I looked into this further and it seems there isn’t a way to schedule a meeting to multiple Zoom Rooms.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.