Zoom Room API - Zoom Room controls - events (zoomroom.meeting_join)

Zoom Room API of Zoom Room Controls - Events Method: zoomroom.meeting_join failing with 404 error when trying to Join a Zoom Meeting (Zoom Meeting ID and Password). Zoom Meeting ID is scheduled by a Zoom User that’s not in the same Zoom Account as of the Zoom Room.
Scenario: Zoom Meeting ID and Password received from an external Zoom User. Joining the received Zoom Meeting via a Zoom Room using Zoom Room API of Zoom Room Controls, Events Method: zoomroom.meeting_join.

@svrkumar what is in the body of the 404 response? The fact that it is a 404 implies the meeting ID may be expired, canceled or invalid/non-existent.

The scenario you outlined (joining a Zoom meeting hosted by a user that is not in the same account) is supported. Assuming you provide a valid (not expired, not canceled) meeting ID and passcode (if passcode is required), the Zoom Room should join the meeting successfully.

Nicholas, Thank you for your response. Meeting has not expired. Following are the details sent using Zoom Room PATCH API call.
https://api.zoom.us/v2/rooms/<>/events

JSON Object
{
“method”: “zoomroom.meeting_join”,
“params”: {
“meeting_number”: “1605661497”,
“passcode”: “200040”,
“force_accept”: true
}
}

This is throwing exception with message text “The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.”

The same meeting when connected using Zoom Room Controller (using Join button with meeting id and password) its connecting with no issues.

@svrkumar is that a Zoom for Government meeting ID? Is this Zoom Room registered to Zoom for Government cluster, or commercial zoom.us?

Zoom Meeting ID and password is from Zoom for Government account, Zoom Room is in Commercial Account, Zoom Room APIs are called from Commercial accounts Market Place App with Server2Server OAuth.

Nick, Any luck with this issue? Some of our customers (Zoom Enterprise subscriptions) have started complaining about this issue.

Apologies for the delayed response, I was not getting notifications that you had responded to the thread @svrkumar . Do me a favor and @mention me going forward as I think that will ensure I get one :D.

I would venture to guess that Zoom Commercial is checking the meeting ID and not finding it internally, therefore returning the error. I’ll raise an internal issue to check on that.

Have you observed this problem in any instance where both the Zoom Room and the meeting were both on Zoom Commercial?

@nicholas.mueller, Its the same issue when both MeetingID and Zoom Room are from two different commercial accounts. We tested this between our commercial account and customers commercial accounts.
Example I provided from commercial and gov accounts is because we own both the accounts… and have control over all aspects to test.

@svrkumar thanks for this update. FWIW, I have attempted in my own lab to have a Zoom Room that is a member of a Zoom Commercial account join a Zoom meeting hosted by a user in a different Zoom Commercial account, and it worked without incident. I received a “202 Accepted” response from the API, and the Zoom Room was able to join.

I used the same JSON payload as you (different meeting number and passcode, of course).

Could you perhaps double-check that your attempt to join a Commercial meeting had the correct meeting ID? And if you confirm it is correct (and that you can join the same meeting ID manually) could you also please provide the body of the 404 response message?

@svrkumar - Zoom will make an enhancement to the REST API to allow you to command a Zoom Room that is a member of a Zoom “Commercial” account to join a Zoom for Government meeting ID, and vice versa. Hopefully this will be released by the end of October at the latest, perhaps sooner.