Zoom Rooms API doesn't return rooms that are "occupied", only those that are actively in a meeting

Description/Error
I am looking to essentially clone the functionality of the iPad displays outside of our meeting rooms, specifically the red/green bar at the bottom that says if the room is available or not. I have tried using the API endpoints below, but can only see if a room is in a meeting if the zoom meeting has actually been started. If someone schedules a meeting in a room but never starts the Zoom call, the bar will turn red on the display but the API will list the room as “Available”. I looked deeper to see if I queried more information from each room if it would be easy to determine if it is occupied without a started call, but I can’t seem to do it.

Is there a way to determine if the room is just occupied/scheduled vs. whether just the call is available? Since the iPads can display it, I assume there is some API endpoint I can hit to determine this. Any help is appreciated!

Which Endpoint/s?

• /rooms
  • /metrics/zoomrooms/{zoomroomId}
  • /metrics/zoomrooms

Hey @dan.kouba, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Unfortunately at this time we do not have public APIs for checking the calendar / bookings of a Zoom Room. This is however on our roadmap, and you can be notified of its release here.

Thanks,
Tommy