Zoom Rooms API doesn't return rooms that are "occupied", only those that are actively in a meeting

Description/Error
I am looking to essentially clone the functionality of the iPad displays outside of our meeting rooms, specifically the red/green bar at the bottom that says if the room is available or not. I have tried using the API endpoints below, but can only see if a room is in a meeting if the zoom meeting has actually been started. If someone schedules a meeting in a room but never starts the Zoom call, the bar will turn red on the display but the API will list the room as “Available”. I looked deeper to see if I queried more information from each room if it would be easy to determine if it is occupied without a started call, but I can’t seem to do it.

Is there a way to determine if the room is just occupied/scheduled vs. whether just the call is available? Since the iPads can display it, I assume there is some API endpoint I can hit to determine this. Any help is appreciated!

Which Endpoint/s?

• /rooms
  • /metrics/zoomrooms/{zoomroomId}
  • /metrics/zoomrooms

Hey @dan.kouba, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Unfortunately at this time we do not have public APIs for checking the calendar / bookings of a Zoom Room. This is however on our roadmap, and you can be notified of its release here.

Thanks,
Tommy

Has there been any progress on this question since it was asked in 2019?

We need a simple way to add to a website this feature. A red or green dot showing whether a zoom meetings is occupied or not. We intend to use this primarily for our personal meeting rooms.

Ideally, we would love an option to make that public green/red flag visible or just turn grey, by a setting in a persons zoom account or app. So folks could choose to advertise whether they are “in” their personal room or opt out from making that info visible.

Thanks!

Hey @demellon,

Have you seen our Zoom Room webhook events? The following notifies you when a Zoom Room is in use or no longer in use:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Is there a similar call to tell whether a meeting (specified by a meeting ID) is active/occupied?

Hey @demellon,

Yes, you can use the Get Live Meeting endpoint to see if it is live:

Thanks,
Tommy