Zoom SDK Policy Compliance

Hello everyone,

My company has had the Zoom SDK implemented into our software for quite some time now. We’ve recently received a Zoom Meeting SDK Policy email, and I was hoping to get some clarification on the requirements and the review process. Some of our concerns are as follows.

Our application is a Desktop application and will not be submitted to the marketplace. How does the review process work for this scenario?

Our use-case only works if we’re externally recording the audio to run it through our own processes. Our developer thinks this may conflict with triggering the Zoom recording process.

Would it be possible to get in touch with someone who we could work with to make sure we have taken the proper steps necessary to become compliant with the SDK policy?

@ASI-QA ,

my comments are inline

My company has had the Zoom SDK implemented into our software for quite some time now. We’ve recently received a Zoom Meeting SDK Policy email, and I was hoping to get some clarification on the requirements and the review process. Some of our concerns are as follows.

Our application is a Desktop application and will not be submitted to the marketplace. How does the review process work for this scenario?

The review is a verification which looks at compliance from a recording point of view. Strictly speaking, after publishing/verified, you will not need to make your Desktop Application for public/ everyone to use. There will be a listing, but that does not provide access to the public to download/install Desktop application.

Our use-case only works if we’re externally recording the audio to run it through our own processes. Our developer thinks this may conflict with triggering the Zoom recording process.

One key question to ask here, does this Desktop Application join any meeting which is created by External zoom users. External Zoom User here means Zoom users which are not under your zoom account.

If you need the Desktop Application to join meeting created by external zoom users, then you WILL need to publish / verify your Meeting SDK application.

If you are not joining any external meeting, it is recommended but not necessary to publish/verify your Meeting SDK application. Your internal zoom user meeting join will still work.

Would it be possible to get in touch with someone who we could work with to make sure we have taken the proper steps necessary to become compliant with the SDK policy?

We can work with you on this forum if you have any issues, tag me if you have any more queries