Zoom SDK with access to live webcam stream

I’m looking to create a Zoom Application that be distributed on the Zoom marketplace that can access the live webcam stream of a user in the Zoom call. The purpose of the live webcam stream is to scan a QR code that the user holds up to the webcam. Which Zoom SDK can I use to achieve this?

@jackie11418 , you have a few options to do this.

Option 1: Use the Zoom RTMP endpoint to live stream the Zoom meeting, and then scan the QR code from the live stream

Option 2: Build a meeting bot, and scan the QR code from the live stream.

Option 3: Use the Recall.ai API. It’s an API that lets you send meeting bots into a Zoom meeting to get raw video from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots. You can then scan the QR code from the live stream.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you for the comprehensive reply Amanda! If I went down the recall.ai route and built a bot using their API to grab raw video from meetings, will the app be publishable? As in, does using the raw video stream for QR detection and decoding violate any of Zoom’s privacy concerns that would prevent me from being able to eventually publish the app?

Hey @jackie11418 , yes, with Recall.ai the app will still be publishable.

We’ve even built an official Meeting Bot Starter kit with Zoom: