zCommand Dial Start meetingNumber: <string>

Never actually starts a meeting.

Zoom Room responds with

#### SSH Device Response ####
"*e MeetingNeedsPassword needsPassword: true
*e MeetingNeedsPassword wrongAndRetry: false
** end
\n\n"

Can anyone tell me what has changed with this API requiring some kind of passcode. There is no such documentation on any passcodes needing to be passed in the documentation found here:

Hey @Atlona_Velocity,

Please try passing in the meeting password:

zCommand Dial Start meetingNumber: <string> Password: <string>

zCommand Dial Start meetingNumber: <string> meetingPassword: <string>

Let me know if any of those commands work.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy. No it just responds with:

*r onUnsupported Command(status=Error):

** end

ERROR

The user typically doesnt have this password I thought and its so annoying to have these when a user just wants to start a meeting in their zoom room. They are able to start meetings immediately on the IOS app, but not on the SSH API as something changed from when we coded the integration. Back then, meetings would just start without any permissions/password issues and additional parsing we have to do on the backend. I dont even see a password in the payloads coming off of “BookingsListResult Meeting” payloads.

Hey @Atlona_Velocity,

Gotcha, thanks for the additional details. I will have our Zoom Room engineers take a look at the issue. (ZOOM-172043)

-Tommy

Hey @Atlona_Velocity,

This is now fixed.

Thanks,
Tommy

Can the engineers respond back to these questions.

You originally said that we can run a command like “zCommand Dial Start meetingNumber: *********** meetingPassword: 648797” or “zCommand Dial Start meetingNumber: *********** password: 648797”. These are still invalid commands on the latest firmware, so how do we pass the meeting password that I can capture from the user like below.

If somehow the API says the meeting needs a password through this response:

"*e MeetingNeedsPassword needsPassword: true

*e MeetingNeedsPassword wrongAndRetry: false

** end"

I will then ask for a meeting password and then pass it back to start the meeting via the method the developers say exists. When the SSH api was developed all meetings never had a passcode by default in the extensions and extra security was added so I think that is what broke things on the SSH API side. I think now the app is just missing the password passing to a meeting and for it to start a meeting upon a successful password being passed.

*This post has been edited to remove any meeting / webinar IDs

Hey @Atlona_Velocity,

I have just asked. I will get back to you and let you know.

-Tommy

Hey @Atlona_Velocity,

1. The “zCommand Dial Start meetingNumber: ” command is used to start a meeting in your meeting list. The command does not support entering the passcode yet. The “zCommand Dial Join meetingNumber: Password:” command is used to join a meeting with a specific meeting id. The command can enter passcode.

2. The “zCommand Dial Start meetingNumber: ” command generally does not require the user to enter a passcode to start a meeting. Unless the user turns off the switch “bypass the passcode when joining meetings from meeting list” ( on web portal, your room setting => Meeting => Security => )

3. In the next release, we will add a command to allow users to enter passcode when the passcode is required.

Thanks,
Tommy