Zoom update user's license from basic to pro and enable large meeting/webinars

I am upgrading the user’s license from basic to pro and I want to update the license for webinars and large meetings too.

Is there any API available for this ?

Hey @abhinavsi,

Have you seen the Master Account update plan endpoint?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy

Thanks for the quick reply. So in my scenario we are downgrading some of the users to basic license if they are inactive for certain period of time and we again upgrade them to pro license but large meetings and webinars do not added automatically in their profile.

License api is for master account/sub account but how should i give webinar rights to a user.

Here is the link to provide the license manually.

Thanks,
Abhinav

Hey @abhinavsi, happy to help!

You can give a user webinar rights to an account / sub account via POST /accounts/{accountId}/plans

Let me know if that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi
@Tommy Gaessler via Zoom Developers

I am sorry but I am little confused here. The account has users and if I want to give webinar license to a particular user then how will I send the userId in this API as it is taking accountId as query param.

Currently I use PATCH /users/{userId} to downgrade and upgrade user by passing type as 1 or 2.

Thanks,

Abhinav

Hey @abhinavsi,

Can you try passing in the userID instead of accountID of the user you want to downgrade / upgrade?

Thanks,
Tommy

Ok. It is saying invalid access token now on Account and Billing apis. I am using the same access token for users apis and it is working fine but not working in Billing Apis. Same token will not work for both ?

Hey @abhinavsi,

Make sure you have the billing:master scope set in your App settings on the Marketplace dashboard.

Thanks,
Tommy

I am getting the same error, have you managed to get it working?

Hey, just like @abhinavsi, I also get “invalid access token” , I have definitely set billing:master scope in my APP.

Charly

Hey @charly.njoume, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

The pre reqs for our Account / Billing API’s state:

“Pro or a higher paid account with Master Account option enabled.”

“Only master accounts can create and have sub accounts. Zoom only assigns this privilege to trusted partners.”

Do you have a Zoom Master Account?

Please contact isv@zoom.us for more details about Master Accounts.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy, thanks for your reply, how can I check that our account has the required privileges to do this for sure?

Hey @charly.njoume,

I looked and your account is not a Master account. I would suggest reaching out to your Zoom Account Executive or isv@zoom.us to inquire about Zoom master accounts.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,

I am trying to accomplish the same thing, I am trying to create users using the API and have them be licensed with a webinar license.

Hey @corey.jansen,

Totally possible. Just create the user and update their license and features.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like