Provisioning webinar licenses via the API

I have a SaaS product and currently provide/resell Zoom meeting licenses to my customers. I am looking at adding webinar support where people can purchase a webinar as an add-on to their current plan. I’m a little confused about how to work with the billing. I know there is this API service: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/billing/accountbilling This appears to be billing information about a specific sub-account, not the master account.

Some questions for you:

1. Do the individual sub-accounts need to have the Pro plan added to the subaccount (not the master account), along with the webinar, in order for the subaccount to be able to use the webinar?

2. Looking at the subaccount billing update API ( https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/billing/accountplanbaseupdate ) it has both a “type” and “hosts”. Because Zoom is requiring me to have a Business license (300 meeting attendees), will I assign sub-accounts a Pro license or Business license? I see the Business license requires a minimum of 10 hosts. Since I presume I shouldn’t have to be buying 10-packs of license seats for individual sub-accounts, If I assign the sub-accounts a Pro license, will they get the 300 meeting attendees from my overall Business license or not?

3. Currently I’m on an older usage-based billing model but will be switched to a per-user model soon. Am I able to use these billing APIs now before my plan is switched to the per-user billing model or does that have to come after that’s done?

Thanks,

Greg

Hey @Greg_Kilwein,

I’d say this is more of a question for our billing team. Can you reach out to isv@zoom.us? They will be able to better assist.

Thanks,
Tommy

Sure. They had actually sent me here, but I’ll circle back with them.

Hey @Greg_Kilwein,

I see. Here are the answers to your API related questions:

To add a Webinar plan, use the POST /accounts/{accountId}/plans.

Here are

What billing model are you on?

Have you tried isv@zoom.us or support.zoom.us?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy. So the webinar licenses are added per sub-account, correct? E.g. if I have 100 subaccounts in my main Zoom account, and 5 people have the webinar feature, I would add 1 webinar license for each of the 5 subaccounts, correct? I wouldn’t be adding 5 webinar licenses to the main Zoom account?

I am emailing isv@zoom.us with the other billing questions.

Hey @Greg_Kilwein,

I would reach out to support.zoom.us or isv@zoom.us as I am not on the billing team, and they will be able to answer this more accurately.

Thanks,
Tommy