Zoom User Downgrade via API

API Endpoint:
v2/users/{userId}
https://developers.zoom.us/docs/api/rest/reference/zoom-api/methods/#operation/userUpdate

Description:
We use the zoom meetings api in order to downgrade a user’s meeting license from pro to basic when they are not using their assigned license for a period of time. This has worked well until Zoom One came out and we switched to the Zoom One license type. Now when we downgrade a user to basic, they are losing their phone license and number, and the api does not provide a type for basic+phone

Hi @jauth
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community!
I am happy to have you here!

Allow me some time to do some testing on my end about this issue and also to look into our internal Docs to see if this is a known issue.
I will come back to you with an update shortly.

Thanks
Elisa

Hi @jauth
I was able to look closer into this issue and it looks like what you are trying to do is not possible with the license that you have since it is a bundled license (meeting and phone)

If you are doing this for inactivity deactivation I would suggest you monitoring inactivity in both products and deactivating licenses accordingly.

Cheers,
Elisa