Zoom VDI support for RDP Protocol

For VDI clients and plug-ins Currently, remote desktop connection using the RDP protocol is not supported,
Is it possible to get information on whether there are plans for future support?

If there is no plan to support it,
is it possible for us to develop VDI clients and plug-ins?
In particular, is it possible to send video / audio data from the endpoint terminal to Zoom Cloud for a conference held on the VDI terminal?

Hey @y-shimizu,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

RDP support was recently released (for windows thin clients), it is called out as ‘Windows Virtual Desktop’ but also supports RDP.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the nice information.
I’ll see if it’s possible with version 3.3.2 what we want to achieve.

BR,
Shimizu

1 Like

Hey @y-shimizu,

Sounds good! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael,

We have solved all the problems.
Thank you so much for your support.

BR,
Shimizu

1 Like

Hey @y-shimizu

You are welcome! Happy to help.

Michael

1 Like

When do you anticipate support for HP thin pro > RDP ?

1 Like

Hey @david11,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

I do not have an ETA for this at this time.

Michael

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Is it on the 2021 roadmap?

With covid restrictions easing we’ll be running an increasing number of in-office, and WFH, meaning the need for mics to work on HP thin pro > RDP, is increasingly important for me.

If you could suggest it’ll arrive in the next few months, that would save me looking for alternative solutions.

1 Like

Hey @david11,

I have not heard of any short-term updates about this. It is probably safe to say this will not be supported in the next few months.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Hello Michael - I’ve also filed a support ticket, but we’re having extreme difficulty in getting the iGel WVD “native” plugin to run on any of our iGel thin clients. Connecting to an RDS Session host doesn’t “find” the plugin on the local device - and we never see a process fire for it on the thin client, either. From your response to the OP, it sounds like it should work with RDP connections, but we’re not seeing that from an iGel client. We know the host RDSH session side works, because we can see it work (and very well) from a Windows-based client. Any known issues with this?

Hi @ucnw, thanks for using Zoom.

It sounds like you are trying to get this working with the VDI client. For that, your support ticket is going to be the correct route. This forum is meant to assist developers who are integrating our SDKs into their own applications.

Thanks!