Zoom video recording, increasing video quality and adding watermark

Description
I use web cdn for implementing zoom meetings.
I am using jwt app for creating meetings.
I am not able to find out any solution for increasing the video quality, for recording the meeting for host and adding watermark for the meeting.
These are three features I need to implement. can anyone help me out with this.

Which version?
I am using the sample web cdn app for implementing this. Version in cdn url is 1.8.1

Hey @anandtp00,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I understand that you are looking to tackle a couple of issues, I’ve listed them below.

I am not able to find out any solution for increasing the video quality

The maximum resolution that the Zoom Web SDK supports is 360p due to encoder limitations. We are actively working to increase/remove this limitation.

or recording the meeting for host

This is covered in a previous forum post. Please review this post and let me know if you have any questions. Essentially, you set the role to 1 in the meeting config and within the callback to Zoom.join() you can call Zoom.record().

and adding watermark for the meeting

Currently, custom watermarks are not supported when using the Web SDK. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the Feature Requests category.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

For recording option, it was mentioned that we nee paid account for using that feature. So could you please help me out how can I enable that feature. I am using JWT app for this API integration

I have another query also. With this JWT app hwo many users can join in a meeting created by host, is there any limit for that.

Hey @anandtp00,

Thank you for your questions!

For recording option, it was mentioned that we nee paid account for using that feature. So could you please help me out how can I enable that feature. I am using JWT app for this API integration

If you plan on using Cloud Recordings, you will want to have a Pro plan or higher. Once you upgrade your plan, you can follow our guide on Cloud Recordings to make sure that everything is ready to go.

I have another query also. With this JWT app hwo many users can join in a meeting created by host, is there any limit for that.

Our Free and Pro plans allow up to 100 participants. For more participants, you’ll want to look at higher-tier plans. For both these inquiries, I think you’ll benefit from reviewing the pricing page on the Zoom website.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hey MaxM,
Thanks for your response sorry for the late replay.
I have another query. I am using The cdn version to integrate zoom api to my application. And using most of the scripts provided in the sample code by the zoom. And I found that if there is any content outside nav tag, a black screen overlaps it and I am not able to see any contents there. It is because of one of the cdn script file. When I commented it out, it is working fine.

<script src="https://source.zoom.us/1.8.1/lib/vendor/react.min.js"></script>

and if we comment this, we can access the zoomMtg object.
So is there any way to resolve this. we really need to add normal html tags outside nav tags.

Thanks

Hey @anandtp00,

Thank you for your question. I’m thinking this is happening because the root element for the ZoomMtg is taking up the entire page. Please try hiding the element you’re using for the Zoom Meeting. For more detail, please see our Sample Web App. If that’s not helpful, are you able to share a public git repo with the code?

Thanks,
Max

Hi MaxM,
Thanks for your response and sorry for my late replay. I will communicate with my manager about sharing the repo. Currently, we have implemented the latest version api code with cdn that is 1.8.6. So everything is working fine and thanks for that. I have another doubt that, can we change the label given for meeting chat. Currently, it is like zoom Group Chat. Is there any option to change the label to a custom one?
And also is there any option to customise the boxes in rendering meeting page. something like changing chat box to left size customisation and all. So if anything like these are possible, please help us to implement that. It will be very kind of you.
Thanks.

Hey @anandtp00,

Thank you for the update. Currently, the Web SDK doesn’t allow customization of the UI but this is something that we are working to add in the future. This includes changing the chat name as well as the location of the chat itself. However, you may be able to override the styling with your own custom CSS and JS.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.