Zoom Web SDK The meeting number is wrong

Cannot get Zoom web client to load the meeting. Been trying for a couple weeks now, and Mike Purnell took issue to dev team, and said fix was released last weekend, but still occurs and no one has been able to assist.

Signature is generated on the fly using Heroku, with JWT API Key and Secret. Meeting does not require authentication.

Can you see what’s wrong?

That black screen appeared to occur because . toString failing in the zoom js because password was not passed in. Password should not be required. But, i added password=‘none’, and now I get this error again:
{method: “join”, status: false, result: null, errorMessage: “The meeting number is wrong.”, errorCode: 1}

I’ve made sure the meeting is running, and still this always fails with The meeting number is wrong.

Have you tried passWord = ‘’ or passWord = null? I think I use passWord=null and it seems to be working working. Also, check your casing on the “passWord” property. It does need to be “passWord” as JavaScript is case sensitive.

Also can you paste your Init and Join blocks of code please?

all the code is in the URL I posted. Current error:

/**/localJsonpCallback({“status”:false,“errorCode”:200,“errorMessage”:“No permission.”,“result”:null});

Have you tried setting your passWord to null?

Yes, results in .toString script error from Zoom SDK.

Resolved. Appear meetingid and role were not being processed by Heroku in signature generation

1 Like

Happy to hear you figured it out @alorentz ! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your suggestions @sales1! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like

I was able to get the web client to function on Windows > Chrome. However couple questions:

1. When connecting via iOS > Safari, it only gives the options to call in for audio. Should there be a device audio option?
  2. I had some people test on Mac > Chrome, and the meeting would not load, it just spun and spun. Does the web client work on Mac > Chrome?

Hey @alorentz,

Currently device audio is not supported on Safari.

It should work on Mac > Chrome. Are there any errors in the browser console?

Thanks,
Tommy

Could you shed any light on how you fixed this?

Hey @sam4,

How are you generating your Web SDK signature? The issue is most likely there.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
I’ve just set up the heroku one click app. Have made no amends to it.
Thanks

Hey @sam4,

Can you please send the signature you are generating to developersupport@zoom.us so I can debug?

Thanks,
Tommy

For anyone getting similar errors, I found the following:

The Heroku signature didn’t work for me, but after passing in the password to the data body, I got the php example working on my own server and got a correct signature.

However after this, I got a timeout error that was fixed by using a pro account.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your solution @sam4! :slight_smile:

-Tommy