Zoom Webhooks not being received by Power Automate

Before Creating a New Topic:

If you’re experiencing unexpected API/Zoom API Events (webhooks) behavior please search the forum with relevant keywords (e.x. error message) and follow the guidance outlined in those posts. Please also leverage the following support links:

• Zoom Developer Changelog for Dev Product Changes:

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
Link the API endpoint(s) and/orZoom API Event(s) you’re working with to help give context.
Verification
Description
Details on your question, workflow or the problem you’re trying to solve.
I’m trying to validate a power automate url in order to receive webhooks. However clicking validate shows me that validation has failed, but I don’t see that power automate had received anything from zoom.
Error?
The full error message or issue you are running into, where applicable.
No error
How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials or sensitive info like emails, uuid, etc.) / Body
2. Authentication method or app type
3. Any errors
please open a power automate account and see for yourself…

Hi @kacaforyah
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer forum and sorry that we missed your post
Have you been able to receive events???

I am having the same issue. I have a JWT app for webhooks via zapier and now that it is being depreciated I need a new way to catch the webhooks.

I have tried with power automate but the webhook is never received. I wonder if the power automate URLs have a format that is not compatible with zoom.

Sample http post URL from Microsoft power automate that is not working: https://prod-52.westus.logic.azure.com:443/workflows/148c88ec79644484bd2f2573ae3e49ef/triggers/manual/paths/invoke?api-version=2016-06-01&sp=%2Ftriggers%2Fmanual%2Frun&sv=1.0&sig=LXjXGzlmH8acSk_EIBF0PGNkq8sh95wWdPvs2DJKZ8A

Hi @larry3
What app type are you using now that you are migrating from the JWT app?

Hi Elisa. Good news, after about 5 hours with ChatGPT i built a Microsoft Azure Function App that catches the webhook from zoom app type = webhook only, filters for key words , if any key word matches then sends a webhook to Microsoft teams channel as a Message card, nicely formatted with only the information we want to share from the payload.

i think i needed to do this to pass the challenge response authentication requirements that are present with the webhook only app type. JWT apps did not have this high level of authentication requirements.

Zapier and power automate from what i could find did not support this type of challenge response authentication.

Good news it is working! Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Excellent news @larry3

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you in the future!
Cheers,
Elisa