Zoom Windows SDK - Instant Meeting

Hello everyone,

I´m starting to “play” with Windows SDK and I don´t see any option to start an instant Meeting. I can´t see how to get the SDK to find an internal user and directly call. Likewise, I´m trying to send an IM with the invitation and I can’t also find users and invite. It´s possible to do this with Windows SDK or any other SDK in Zoom?

Thanks so much.
Best regards.
David.

Hi David,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Regarding your questions:

1. If you want to start an instant meeting, you need to login first, then pass an empty meeting number (or do not set the meeting number field when configuring the start meeting parameters) to the start meeting method. You can refer to our demo app(https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-windows) for the detailed implementation:
    (The following button in our demo app will start an instant meeting)
  2. For the invitation, we do not have the IM feature available on SDK. Here are the invitation methods that are available at this point:

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hello Carson,

thanks so much for your reply. Yesterday evening I was playing with Windows SDK and with API. In this way…It´s not possible to replicate the actual “Reunir” [Gather] option of the actual Zoom Client?

Reunir

I need that the remote user get the call:

KRj0ZcpkEE

I played with API and I started an instant meeting, I got the meeting_id, after that I got all the users and took an user id. In this step, I had the start meeting url and the join meeting url. Then I could start the meeting and sent an IM chat to one user with join meeting url…but I need that the user get the call with the ring tone. :slight_smile:

It´s possible to get this functionality with SDK and API?
Thanks so much.
Best Regards

Hi David,
Thanks for the reply. I don’t quite get the “Gather” problem that you are mentioning at the very beginning.
Are you trying to do what the Zoom client is doing? Since our Windows SDK does not have the IM feature, you cannot do this directly. You can send IM via Zoom API: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/im-chat/sendimmessages, after receiving the chat message, you can use SDK to launch the meeting url within the IM message.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Yes, I would like to use the actual Zoom Client´s functionality and to customize the client with more features.

About to use the Zoom API to send IM with join meeting url or meeting number (and use SDK to join meeting after), I had tought about it…but I would like that the remote user get the actual calling window that appears when you use the Zoom Client. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!

Hi @david.corrales,

We have received your request and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks!

Hi david,

It’s a really cool idea. As I have mentioned in the previous post, it is unfortunate that the IM feature is not available in our SDK now, so if you would like to achieve what you like at the moment, you might need to mock/mimic the behavior on your own. I will take the IM feature as a feature request and let the engineers know. Once the IM feature is available, you will be able to do what you want. Please follow our Github repos for future updates.

Thanks!

Ok! Perfect! Thanks so much Carson! I will develop the custom client with your actual features and I will wait for the new IM feature.

Really, thanks so much.
Best regards.
David.

We are looking for something similar " the remote user get the actual calling window that appears when you use the Zoom Client." May I know if there is any progress on this feature?

Hi @djoy,

Thanks for the reply. The IM feature is not available in SDK and the calling window feature would need to develop in your app that integrates the SDK and triggers the SDK interface for the meeting. Hope this helps. Thanks!

But if the end user is on standard zoom client, will that ring?

Hi @djoy,

If the end user is on standard zoom client, calling another user that is using the standard zoom client, then it will ring.

Thanks!