ZoomSDK for iOS Swift sample

Hello Community,

Good day.

We are a team building an iOS app for iPhone/iPad that requires video chat and we are now integrating your Zoom API to our app.

I tried running your sample Swift app: https://github.com/zoomvideo/swift. However, when I run it on an actual device(iPad), I get the following error upon clicking either [Start a Meeting] or [Join a Meeting]:

2017-05-16 14:03:44.585543 ZoomSDKSwiftSample[292:21334] [DYMTLInitPlatform] platform initialization successful

[292:1027:05-16/14:03:55.047:FATAL:SBPTUI.cpp(31)] Assert failed: g_pPTUI. 

2017-05-16 14:03:55.114248 ZoomSDKSwiftSample[292:21243] old data has cpoied done

[292:1027:05-16/14:03:55.167:FATAL:SBPTUI.cpp(193)] Assert failed: 0. 

error was 0

Upon debugging, I found that 

ZoomSDK.shared().getMeetingService() returns nil. 

Do you have a way to debug this error even better? Like showing us logs on what went wrong?

And also, what is the difference between mobileRTC(used by the Objective-C sample app) and the ZoomSDK(used by the Swift sample app? We’re using Swift2.3 and confused on which is the correct SDK to use.

Regards,

Cleofas

Hi Cleofas, 

ZoomSDK was old name for mobileRTC. the reason you got nil for getmeetingservice is because sdk auth got error. We will provide an update swift example shortly, we will keep you posted.

Best

Hi Cleofas, 

we just updated Swift sample, you can get it @https://github.com/zoomvideo/swift.

best

Thank you very much Wei Guo! The new sample is finally working. :slight_smile:

Now I’m looking for a way to simulate the calling mechanism, wherein the caller initiates the call and the callee is notified that there is incoming video call. If you have a suggestion in mind, we would greatly appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Hi Cleofas,

Zoom SDK currently doesn’t support directly calling mechanism. We recommend you pass meeting ID/ join meeting URL by using some third parties technology, for example you can send a text message including meeting information when is the time for meeting.

Best

Hello Wei,

That seems OK. We’ll also look for other ways to do it. Anyway, thank you so much for the support!

Best regards,

Cleofas

Hello,

I’m trying your Swift sample. I set my rtc_appkey, rtc_appsecret and rtc_domain in AppDelegate.swift. I also set rtc_token taken from my Zoom account, API tab, but nothing happens when tapping on “Start meeting” button.

I also tried a call to API via Postman, and I got a 401-error “invalid user token”.

What should I do in order to test the app?

Thank you.

There’s a Swift example you say? Where?

Hi sam.decrock,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. We do not have a Swift example at the moment. The previous Swift sample app has been deprecated. Our iOS SDK works in Swift projects, so if you encounter any issues, please let us know.

Thanks!