ZoomSDKShareElement usage

Hi!

Does ZoomSDKShareElement has general bandwidth with video elements?

I mean could I create single 720p ZoomSDKShareElement if I have already created and displayed two 720p video elements?

Thank you!

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

Usually any type of remote video subscription will count towards the bandwidth limit, so in the scenario you are describing I would expect the videos to downgrade to non-HD.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom

I see. In which case could I see this situation?
Maybe you know the next case.
There is no sharing content only gray background, createShareElement method returns TRUE and ShowShareRender:YES returns TRUE too.

Thanks!

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

Can you please provide a code snippet showing how you are setting up the share element?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom

Yeah, sure, a code was copied from here.
But this case is reproducing, for example, when I already have 2 video elements (with speakers) with 720p and I want to display sharing.
Without those video elements (with speakers) or with one speaker or if speakers have lower quality - sharing is displaying.
As I understand, and as you said, ZoomSDK has general bandwidth limit for video and share elements
But I haven’t got any error. For example, I can get 5,6 subscribe errors if I am out of limit, and for share element I don’t have any information about the limit.
ZoomSDKShareElement doesn’t downgrade, in the case when I start screen sharing with 2 participants with 720p. But if first I start screen sharing, and after it display those participants - participants video elements will downgrade to non-HD.

So could I know when ZoomSDKShareElement is out of limit? Or I shouldn’t display any of video elements (with speakers) when sharing is procced?

And I have figured out that ZoomSDKShareElement has 1080p, is it normal behavior? Even I set small, tiny size - Zoom statistic will return 1080p.

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

If the share element is displaying 1080p, you will not be able to show video in other elements as only one 1080p video subscription can be active. This is one of a few scenarios in which the current bandwidth limitations prevent the SDK from being able to match the default UI’s behavior.

And I have figured out that ZoomSDKShareElement has 1080p, is it normal behavior? Even I set small, tiny size - Zoom statistic will return 1080p.

It is definitely normal for the shared content to be 1080p if the device you are sharing from has a high enough screen resolution. Lowering the resolution by resizing is not supported since the client and default UI do not support this behavior. We’ll need to look into whether or not this is something we can support in custom UI mode.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.