zTsCoder.exe has bad performence?

Description
I find that zTsCoder.exe has poor performance. I have run some tests where I convert a 50 minutes long local recording with zTsCoder.exe and it takes an unnecessarily long time I think. In addition, the utilization of the processor is very low. Often it is only around 20% of the CPUs total capacity.

Are there any command line arguments I can use to change, for example, how many threads to use in the conversion or to change the resolution of the converted recording?

Are there other ways to speed up the conversion (except switching to a faster computer)?

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)

1. Make a local recording of a Zoom meeting.
  2. End the meeting to start the conversion.
  3. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager in Windows 10.
  4. Locate the Zoom process.

Screenshots
Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4GHz (about 19% CPU), 16GB RAM , time ~ 5m 55s

Additional context
The conversion time is important for us as the computer is used in a lecture room and the time is not enough to finnish conversion before the next lesson starts. We do not have access to cloud recording.

Hi robert.jonsson,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and thanks for sharing your investigation result. I have passed this to the engineering team and we will investigate and find the best solution to optimize the issue you are mentioning. Will get back to you shortly.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi robert.jonsson,

Thanks again for the post and the detail. Currently, we do not have any other ways to speed up the conversion process. Please note that this conversion process starts right after the meeting has ended, and it won’t impact the user to start another meeting, so you do not need to wait for the conversion to finish before starting the next meeting.

Hope this helps. Thanks!